🚨 BREAKING NEWS -The END of Firestick SIDELOADING is CONFIRMED!

Hopefully current devices with not be updated to Amazon’s new OS

12 Likes

ime sure people will come up with work arounds they usualy do

5 Likes

The impression is that the Vega OS will not affect prior gen or even current installed fire devices.

Many users have already purchased 3rd party apps on current and legacy devices that are coded for FireOS. Forcing an OS update on those devices would invalidate the use of those apps.

That would create a headache for Amazon.

This is speculation, of course - but certainly sound.

6 Likes

More mindless speculation. Let’s all wait and see what happens.
“It ain’t over 'till the fat lady sings!”

11 Likes

Another concern would be if a person paid for an app and Amazon deletes it. Would Amazon have to compensate the person for the lost money?

9 Likes

I would be holding them accountable if that were the case.

That’s why I don’t believe it would ever come down to existing devices being updated to Vega.

4 Likes

It’s always interesting to keep up to date but considering I will not buy any Amazon product for streaming anymore, I’m not all that worried. I think it’s fair to say, there are a ton of people on here who have adopted the same stance. Don’t you dare mess with my stuff, I bought a product for certain attributes and you’re going to try and take them away? Good luck.

13 Likes

How soon is the end coming?

This is long anticipated that Amazon would return to its original method of restriction which was used in the original firestick.
The “workaround” involved flashing the firestick plugged into a computer & this was how a streaming player was used to load very small Builds onto the device in now what became known as KODI.
Like everything else, the current firesticks will continue to function but without updates & will eventually become as used as the 10’ parabolic backyard dishes.

If so, then I wonder if the original XDA Fire Toolbox will work.

Sincerely doubt the XDA Toolbox will work on a new Amazon O/S but a newer version of that same Toolbox will undoubtedly be developed.

1 Like

I’m sure somebody will come up with a script that you can download and run and re-enable the developer mode

1 Like

She may not be singing yet but she has definitely taken the stage. And with Amazon there will probably be an encore.

Perhaps this explains why Bezo recently sold off about $2 billion worth of Amazon stock. He literally saw all the writing (lawsuits) on the wall.

4 Likes

Hhaha saw on the news this morning that Bezoz was moving from Seattle to Florida to save money on taxes.Estimated savings of 600 million,times must be getting hard for him lol

3 Likes

What’s the best device to replace the firestick?

Onn 4k box.

3 Likes

I’m probably using this opportunity to upgrade to Nvidia Shield

10 Likes

Who needs it anyways

2 Likes

I use a onn and it works great. :+1:

2 Likes