Best Android Box for IPTV

Hey there, new to the forums here. Looking to buy an android box as with my IPTV apps the firestick doesnt load very well, or crashes, or they’re slow.
Looking to buy a few of them and want to make sure they’re good boxes.

Any recommendations?

PS, I am in Canada and am looking to purchase them online, through places like amazon.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Unfortunately for you the latest top of the heap is a FireTV product, the cube. I think you’ll find most that use AndroidTV will use the Mecool KM2, or KM6, and the Nvidia shield pro. There are a lot of good options these days. I personally prefer, and use, the 4k Max with TiViMate and have no issues or challenges with my IPTV service.

6 Likes

Yeah I have been using 3 different ones to try and make it all work smoothly.

TiViMate, XCIPTV, and Smarters.

I know some android boxes dont use the android TV OS, and some do. That’s why I’m trying to get a few recommendations.

2 Likes

It really all comes down to what do you want to do? how much do you want to spend?

As far as android TV goes the shield is best. For stock android there are many options.

Also internet speed plays big into streaming quality.

5 Likes

Take a look around the forums. Just iptv alot of boxes will do. You dont need t he best just something decent.

New fire cube
Firestick
Shield
Fourmler

5 Likes

I went straight to Sheild Pros. Spend the money now rather than keep upgrading Sticks every year or two.

btw, if you’re looking at Nvidias, don’t waste your time and dime on the Nvidia Tube. Pay the extra $50 bucks and get the Pro!

10 Likes

I’m hoping to get a deal and buy the Cube. Maybe for around $100 on black Friday or at Christmas. I haven’t replaced my max since I got it, just improved it. I tried the ONN and the KM2 which were both a waste of time. At least I have something to give away.

3 Likes

Hi there. I recommend Ugoos, BuzzTV and Formulier brand Android boxes based on my own personal use. They are well made, with good hardware, plenty of RAM and internal memory, with good heat management, which is very important for the lifespan of your device.

3 Likes

I have 2 T95Z Plus boxes that are 5 years old and work flawlessly. I never shut them down, never had any type of over heating issues or any issue. They have 32GB Storage so I never have had to delete any files or worry about running out of storage. These boxes are made in China and run stock Android. I have been waiting for them to stop working the past 1-2 years but Nope they keep on chugging. You wil find these on amazon.com or GearBest. There’s several manufacturerers and many different spec’s out there. YMMV but my experience has been quite good with them

2 Likes

With the way Amazon set up their firestick you need to turn on developer options and download the debloat app it disable all the system apps that takes up all the processing power
Search for downloader app and install it then type 295427 it’s a shortcut to the debloat app to speed up your firestick
For original question Google Chromecast is good TiVo stream 4k is good choices
Tutorial for using the debloat tool troypoint.com/debloat-toolbox-on-firestick/

1 Like

Good day Chosen1. I certainly don’t want to start an argument with you, but on numerous occasions you’ve mentioned the debloat toolbox and removing the pre-installed Amazon apps. Now in the beginning this was true, whether FireTV 6 or 7 their corresponding toolboxs did disable things like amazon kids and music and even updates, But Amazon changed that and made all their apps “protected” modules and so now all the toolboxs, including the unified toolbox are unable to block updates or “uninstall” or block the Amazon apps. There are still some functions you can disable using the unified toolbox like the screensaver notifications, but way less than when they first came out. Amazon loves their “advertising” and “promotions” so it was just a matter of time before they circumvented some debloat toolbox features.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

4 Likes

Shield pro hands down. Worth every penny. I got because I figured it’s the same price as one month of my local Internet/ cable “bundle deal”

5 Likes

On my sister fire tv and her firestick and my cube and fire tv it still works I blocked updates a long time ago my devices probably don’t have that update mine still disable all the Amazon crap only my 2021 fire tablet 10 plus protects the built-in apps

1 Like

It may still work on some older FireTV OS 5 systems I can’t confirm as I don’t keep old stuff, but it doesn’t work on any properly updated or even newer FireTV systems. The problem is you say the debloat toolbox disables and removes Amazon apps and it absolutely doesn’t. Now I can understand that maybe and I do mean maybe, some older FireTV devices that had the updating blocked either with ADB Shell or a debloat toolbox may still have that ability, but absolutely nobody can do this on any recently purchased or newer FireTV devices. The debloat tools simply do not work that way anymore and cannot.

2 Likes

When I use the app all the apps disappear and I can’t access them so where are they ? They are not listed in storage or anywhere where are they?

Not on any newer FireTV devices or even older updated ones you didn’t. Maybe on some older ones that updates were blocked. If you can do as you say, you could be a rich man as literally millions of FireTV device owners would pay good money to block the updates, remove the apps, and do what nobody in the streaming world can do.

1 Like

Where are the apps if they are still there you’re lying it’s not in my device storage so I’m just asking your smart ass where are the apps if I can’t disable them. Answer the question where the apps you aren’t disabled yet they are not on my device anywhere

It is and they are there. You may not see them in your app list but they’re still there in system apps. I can restore all the Amazon apps to factory and they won’t show on say ES File Explorer in apps, but they’re still there. I have 10 4K Max that are new and I know for a fact the debloat toolbox won’t do as you say. start the debloat tool, put a checkmark in every box and apply it. Shut the debloat tool down and then restart it and see how many boxes that you checked are no longer checked. As I said I don’t want this to become an arguement so I’ll leave it at this.

1 Like

My firestick won’t update why is that?

Serial and model # please and I’ll do some research for you. Can’t gaurantee I can resolve your issue remotely but I’m always up for a challenge. Do you notice any other anomalies?

1 Like