Background not working on my firestick

I only see legacy on my firestick screen

Use the one highlighted. The next one over says “LEGACY”.

2 Likes

I did pick that one but it says when installed it is version 1.302A6i not the newer vission. It is supposed to be version 2. something

I see what you mean now. I installed it and got this:

The developers must have ditched it. I would recommend using DefSquid to do the force stop/clear cache. Just don’t use it for virus scan lol.

yes, and where do I go from here?

1 Like

I tried the Legacy one too, neither work. As I mentioned, I would use DefSquid. I like it better anyway.
DefSquid APK - How to Install on Firestick/Android for Device Protection - TROYPOINT.com Posts - TROYPOINT Insider

1 Like

Defsquid, never heard of it

1 Like

Yours is slightly different than mine. I have the G6i.
So my version is 1.302G6i

Does your version work? What Fire Device are you trying it on? Max or regular 4k?

Thanks man appreciate your help

1 Like

Is yours working or have you tried it

It’s working on my 4K Max. I just reinstalled it a couple of days ago. I can’t honestly remember where I downloaded it from.

It may still be working on my Max, I was trying it on a regular 4k Firestick. Interesting that it doesn’t work on that but does on the Max. Wonder why.

I have the 4K firestick

For now I will use Defsquid until Troy gets it sorted out

I don’t have any older 4k sticks. I’ll do some searching and see if anyone else is experiencing issues. What Version of FireTV is your 4K?

I had the same message as the poster, but good news, I had to uninstall the amazon appstore version, 1.302A6i, but then installed 1.302G6i on my firestick max from aurora and now working!

2 Likes

Nice going. That’s the exact version I have. I’ll remember the aurora store tx.

how do I get the aurura link to see if I can get the one you have please

In my Downloader app I go to Troy’s toolbox and he has Aurora Store 4.1.1, then I add this page to my Favorites in Downloader so it’s always at hand for easily adding things.

1 Like