Attention BuzzTV Owners! I need your help!

I have a TCL Roku television. I have not been able to pair my BT500 to control volume and on/off. When I open the remote control set-up it always says I need to update Control Software . Version 7.0

The system says it updated successfully but when I leave the Set-up and return it wants me to update again. The program recognizes my TCL tv but will not connect properly.

Barry

I don’t know about the Roku stuff but have a look in settings>device preferences>display & sound>hdmi>cec and see what you have configured there.

HDMI control - on

Device auto power off - on

TV Auto power on - on

Audio control - on

Audio amplifier control. - off

Well it seems that’s all the right settings. Sorry I am not sure what direction to try from here.

Hey @Barryd …i found this, hope it helps, there is a section about a factory reset for the remote, maybe that’s an option for ya…

https://manuals.plus/buzztv/bt-500-smart-remote-control-manual#buzztv-smart-remote-app

Hi Barry,

The BT500 controls the BuzzTV box by Bluetooth, but TV power/volume only works if the TV is successfully source-paired through IR or HDMI-CEC.

With some Roku TVs, there may not be a matching IR profile available, so HDMI-CEC becomes the fallback. If the TV does not respond through IR or CEC, then unfortunately it may be a 2-remote setup for that specific TV.

One thing you can try is turning the TCL TV volume up using the TCL remote, make sure Max Volume is turned off on the BuzzTV box, then use the BT500 to control the BuzzTV box volume. You should see the volume bar show vertically on the screen.

Also, if you have a soundbar, receiver, or anything connected through HDMI ARC/eARC, temporarily unplug it and try the setup again, as that can sometimes interfere with detection.

The part that still stands out is the Version 7.0 update repeating after it says it completed. If that keeps happening, let us know because that may need to be reviewed separately.

Thankyou @buzztvglobal for stopping in to help an insider. Great CS. :grin:

I’ll try that after the Blue Jays game is over. I can’t interfere with my wife’s favourite team.:grin:

I am still having trouble trying to complete a successful pairing. There is no sound bar involved, so that’s not an issue.

The update still pretends to happen but really doesn’t.

Do we have any options. The only function of the BT500 is changing channels and moving around between apps. Would like to be able to utilize the advanced features.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Barry,

Since there is no soundbar involved and the control software update keeps looping, I would suggest resetting the BT500 remote first, then pairing it again to the BuzzTV box.

To reset the BT500, press and hold D-Pad Down + 0 for about 4 seconds until the remote blinks 3 times.

After that, on the BuzzTV box, go into the Bluetooth / Remote & Accessories settings and choose the option to add or pair a new remote/device. Once the box is searching, put the BT500 into pairing mode by holding OK + Home for about 4 seconds until the remote starts blinking. Then select the BT500 on the box to complete the Bluetooth pairing.

You can also find the BT500 guide on our Quick Start Guides page here:
https://buzztv.com/quick-start-guide-links/

Once the remote is paired again, try the Smart Set/control software update one more time. If it still says the update completed but keeps asking again, then we may need to review it further.

For the TCL Roku TV side, power and volume will only work if the TV responds through IR or HDMI-CEC. If that TV does not respond through either method, then the BuzzTV box will still work with the BT500, but TV power/volume may remain a 2-remote setup for that TV.

You can also reach out to our support team directly if you want someone to walk through it with you. We have live chat and phone support available, and the details are on the black Customer Support Card included in your box.

I just remembered that i originally used this box on a different TV. It was never unpaired. Could that have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks,

Barry

Do you have the BuzzTV Smart Remote installed and enabled? It has all the Remote Control Setup.

Auto TV setup / Pair Bluetooth Remote / Turn Backlight OFF / HDMI CEC Settings / Setup Color Keys / Max Volume Settings / Update Control Software.

Those are all the functions it has control over.

It finally started working. I’m not sure exactly how, but it is about 95%. The only thing it won’t do is turn off the TV.

Thanx to all who chipped in with suggestions.

Talk next time.

Barry

Hello

I have been enjoying my buxom box P128 lost the volume control. My wife has a tendency to push the wrong buttons at times and then goes searching when a function fails.( I have the same tendencies at times).

We lost the volume control again and searching for a fix botched the program. We get one IPTV Smarters program. That’s it. I can’t even get to the settings page to perform a reboot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Oh my gosh….its a buzz box, not a buxom box.:face_holding_back_tears:

Unplug the box if it’s stuck and you can’t reboot it.

I have unplugged the box as part of a whole process trying to reboot. It seems strange that it only shows me one IPTV subscription. I can watch that one and treat it it as I normally would but nothing else.

I’m convinced that a factory reset is the only cure but I can’t achieve that.

BTW. - thanks to everyone who has helped!