Amazon update does it again

Nvidia = Ferrari

FS = Ford/Chevy

LOL…

1 Like

I upgraded only when a better product with superior specs came along. I have not updated since I got my first Max. Not once. So no idea where you got your info from. I have “experimented” with an ONN and a km2 but as mentioned, found them inferior to my Max and went back to my reliable old stick. I also agree the shield is a superior product, but I don’t need a Ferrari just to go down the block for groceries, my Ford is cheaper to run and uses less gas. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

It’s all about style.

Bte, I have not upgraded any of my NVidias. I just added to my collection.

1 Like

If Amazon allowed custom launchers and more customization, I would use them on more of my satellite TVs. Since, they don’t, I don’t and won’t. I think the Max is a good product, i really do. But i want a custom experience from these devices. My Mecools and Shield allow me to still do this, so i use them. Cord cutting is a free world. Do what makes you happy.

5 Likes

You can customize the launcher. I forget what the new flavour of the day for that is but if memory serves me the new launcher method came out last month.

Powerfader had I been lucky enough to get a Shield pro as my first streaming device I too might still be using it, but that didn’t happen. I was given a Firestick and that was my first foray into Streaming and as my knowledge and skills advanced I stuck with what I knew and honestly find it easy to use easy to configure, easy to modify and on and on ad nauseum. When I take a step up it will be the 3rd Gen Cube, and then, like the Shield Pro I will probably have that for a multitude of years as it’s advertised as “future proof”. Just update it.

1 Like

There is still no launcher that works without Launch On Boot. And Launch On Boot is a horrible substitute. I’m glad there is something, however bad, for Amazon users, but I havent purchased an Amazon device since they forced this on us.

1 Like

No this was a whole new method. Can’t remember what it was called as I don’t bother with them after the Wolf had so many issues. I’m very happy with simply firing up the max and in about 30 seconds I’m streaming what ever I want. No home screen in sight.

2 Likes

The launcher is Projectivy, and it is good but still requires LOB to boot on Amazon devices. Works perfect alone on my Mecools though. Setting up a button on Firestick to launch a launcher isnt what Im looking for lol.

Of course not. Even just one button is one too many. Bad enough we have to keep pushing buttons on the remote to do anything, like change channels or start another app. Tx AMD for clarifying the new launcher. Have a good night.

None of my complaints are pointed at you in the least Miki. I have the utmost respect for you and your knowledge. Whether I share my Amazon frustrations here or not, it isnt going to change how I feel and think towards them. So for now, ill stop my Amazon complaints in this forum, but that certainly isnt going to make me run out and buy another Amazon device.

1 Like

Oh I know AMD. It’s all good I have respect for you as well. Sorry if my remarks upset you in any way. That wasn’t my intent. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit. I hate Android and you hate Amazon. That’s perfectly fine. You enjoy your system and I enjoy mine. I just can’t be bothered bashing someone elses choices or the system they use. Better things to do. I will never change your mind and certainly don’t want to spend any energy attempting to do so, and you won’t change mine. I do thank you and the others for a lively discussion. It was fun. Any time you get down here I’ll give you my KM2 for free, and we can grab a couple of cervezas and Bash Roku for a change of pace, or even Tizen. Have a good night AMD, talk again tomorrow.

1 Like

You have a good night too Miki. I have no reason or intent to try and change anyone’s mind. Anyone here can use anything they want, it’s a fun world that way. My frustration has been more in hopes of a resolution. I still use my Max on my sun porch. In Ohio unfortunately, it gets retired for a few months. I would love to see someone come up with a solution that allows us to get around the blocks, if we so choose. That is all I meant. Absolutely no disrespect to you or anyone in here, which I consider the best forum anywhere.

1 Like

Your guys are killing me! :grin::grin:

Hey AMD, one thing I love about you is you’re an optimist. I honestly can’t see any prospect of getting these frustrations ironed out. At first I fought hook tooth and nail, and after several years I’ve come to the conclusion it’s less stressful to just use my FireTV devices with my optimizations and go with the flow. The offer stands though beer and a free KM2. All you have to do is get down here for some R & R.

2 Likes

Onn Box, Wolf Launcher, $20…

I am switching all to Nvidia. I like it better than the new Buzz Tv box, but it is better than Amazon.

2 Likes

Miki, I’m with you. At first the cord cutting was like an addiction. Had to have every version of the newst gizmo every time one was released. Changed them more often probably than socks. Now have a drawer of unused stuff just like you. But with only one pair of eyes, how many gizmos do we each need? An outdoor antenna, a 4K Fire stick with an IPTV player, an IPTV subscription, one reliable movie/tv app, and I have the world of content at my fingertips, more than i can ever handle. So what if Amazon ads fill the startup screen, or the FS filled with bloat. Just ignore it.

4 Likes

i dont mind the amazom ads sometimes its directing me to things i end up liking as in The english
i enjoyed that but with no ad i would have never known

4 Likes

@Davduck You make some excellent comment. The English was excellent, but I like Emily Blunt and Westerns. It was on Amazon Prime. Surprise! I saw it because the IMDb app (free from imdb.com) rated it 8.0 which is high. This app tells you what’s good on ALL the movie apps, at theaters, series and whats coming. Whats-on-netflix.com tells you what ppl are watching globally and breaks down by country, so if you want what’s hot in the US, UK, AUS, FR etc. go for it. Both sites rate movies and series. It’s very organized and requires little effort. IMDb is great in keeping you from wasting time on movies and series that you wouldn’t enjoy.

5 Likes

I use techdoctoruk debloat app and blocks the update only downside is that other apps I do want updated I have to manually update and who knows when every update is available it’s tedious but the only one of my firesticks I had this set up pre update works flawless makes me irritated at the ones I didn’t do it to :tipping_hand_woman:t3: