Amazon.com: TOPIPRO TV Box Android 2023 Android 12 TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB ROM H618 Support 2.4G/5GHz WiFi Ethernet 100M Bluetooth 5.0 UHD/4K 6K H.265 HDR 10+, T

https://www.amazon.com/T95Z-Plus-Allwinner-Ethernet-Bluetooth/dp/B0BL2WKF8R

3 Likes

Only 100M on ethernet seems odd. Slow.

2 Likes

Great Price! Love these Boxes. I donā€™t understand peopleā€™s love with the Firesticks when at the same price or less you can get a great streaming android box that has over 10x the storage capacity as a stickā€¦ But itā€™s probably loaded with all that Malware that some would have you believe :rofl: LOL

3 Likes

Hey Miki. that used to be an issue years ago but today most have higher speed wifi or Fiber. I have 400MB Fiber so ethernet not a deal breaker like a few years ago

2 Likes

Oh I agree. Just thought a direct ethernet connection would supply your best speeds for download. The price and specs are pretty good though.

1 Like

That used to be the case when you couldnā€™t get more than 100 MB on Wifi. But with Fiber at least in my case Iā€™ve tested on wifi and on Ethernet and itā€™s the same so if I donā€™t need an extra cord I ainā€™t gonna use one!

1 Like

Ya me either. I have 150 fiber optic and even with the vpn on itā€™s over that. So many complain about buffering and recomend ethernet. Iā€™ve never had issues with WiFi. Just moved here and already on the list for a WiFi 6 modem. Just no exact delivery date so far.

3 Likes

allwinner is the worst of the chips for android.

2 Likes

If you like that particular box or not, it shows how cheaply a powerful box can be built WITHOUT GOOGLE & NETFLIX CERTIFICATIONS. Modern Smart TVs come with hundreds of verified apps already on the TV OS. Why clutter your stick/box with duplicate and unneeded apps. For a few bucks more you could shop for better chips etc.
I recently looked at Ugoos X4Q with 4gb RAM 32/64 gb storage for $89 / $99 respectively just as an example compared to Amazon Cube on SALE $119 2gb/16gb ???

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been round the houses with buying cheap boxes and 3 different named brand devices but I finished up getting another Shield because it simply works best in my opinion.
To my way of thinking, if we want to save some dosh by using Kodi, apps and IPTV services then at least get a well known box to run it all on and maybe even get one used or refurbished to save even more dosh.
As Delboy says ā€˜You know it makes senseā€™ :joy:

3 Likes

Question, if I buy a box that is uncertified does that mean I could never install any Google services, Google play?

If itā€™s still the case that there is a workaround to get the Playstore on Amazon tablets then Iā€™d assume there would be one for the uncertified devices too,

My old uncertified Generic T95Z Plus boxes both came with the google Playstore preloaded on them and Iā€™ve downloaded several apps from there

1 Like

My understanding is Google Certification does two things. (1) Adherence to Googleā€™s idea of what should be included in the OS whether itā€™s trackers, ads, etc. Pure Google crapware. (2) Googleā€™s certification pays the fees to Prime, Disney and others for their certified software. Netflix certification also buys the same for Netflix. Use your smart tv to watch Netflix and Disney 4k. There are so many ways to sideload, APK Time, Aptoid etc. There is life after Google and Disney. Android is still Android even without Googleā€™s control and certifications. IMO

2 Likes

Totally agree I would argue that most that are on this forum really donā€™t have a need for Google Certification. With KODI and Stremio you simply donā€™t need Netflix, Disney, Hulu, Paramount Plus, etcā€¦ etcā€¦ etcā€¦

4 Likes

That is why I am a big fan of stock android. :+1:

5 Likes

It will be hard for all of us as time goes on to realize your new TV has all the verified apps commonly used. If you buy a 4k Max you now have two certified Netflix, Disney, etc. Apks, one on the stick and one on tv. Plus you paid a premium for the stick with less storage.

Interestingly, ā€œexpertsā€ like Chigz tech rate/score reductions for not having Netflix or Disney. I think that will change. Old adage says ā€œonly thing that stays the same is that things changeā€! :rofl:

Wifi 6 modem with what provider? I use verizon 5g which is great as far as speeds. Also have tmobile internet which is good but not as fast as vzw. At my parents home they are running xdinity and they have wifi 6 modem and Iā€™m averaging around 4 to 5 hundred plus

I had one of these, (Yagala) and it worked ok but like most of these generic China boxes, it has a small heat sink, inadequate ventilation, etc. so you will need a usb cooling fan to extend the life of this device. Otherwise, the processor will get cooked after a while. Also Allwinner is not one of the better processors, especially if you want to use it for gaming as well as streaming.

WiFi 6 rolls out here in the next couple of months. Itā€™s our provincial provider in Canada.