Amazon 3rd gen Firecube

I’m trying to add an external player (VLC) to Tivimate to try and help with buffering issues. I’ve turned on the setting to use an external player. When I click on a TV channel to watch in the guide, it comes up with a selection of players which I can select but I can’t get to (navigate with my remote) to choose “just once” or “always”. Without being able to complete that last step, I can’t use any external players. Need help please.

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

I’ve done all of those including reading the suggestions that Troy put in the buffering article. One of them is to use VLC to help and that’s what I am trying to do.

1 Like

You can install mouse toggle so you can manuever to “always” and click it, or get an otg cable and mini keyboard.

Thanks Miki. Might you have a downloader code for that?

Thank you!

New issue…I’m now using VLC, but it (Tivimate) no longer allows for “preview” while surfing in the EPG?

Preview??? Not sure what you mean. Are you talking VOD? Not sure how you would preview live tv.

I’m talking about when I am in the EPG and as I go down the list of channels, it used to show each channel (live video) I am highlighted in the gudie in the upper left corner. Now after switching to the VLC player, that window is black (no live video).

Ahh got ya. That’s the first time I heard of this. I’ll see what I can find. Turns out the preview window is tied to the internal player. There is a work around using PIP but it’s just a work around only, not worth it.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.