All-New Walmart onn. 4K Pro Appears to be in the Works for 2024

Originally published at: All-New Walmart onn. 4K Pro Appears to be in the Works for 2024

It appears that Walmart is working on an all-new onn. 4K Streaming Box likely to release sometime in 2024. The retail giant has had great success with their lineup of onn. Google TV Boxes, especially their most recent iteration which is the onn. Google TV 4K Box. They followed up the release of the onn.…

13 Likes

Wal-Mart is the only retail giant capable of standing up tho Amazon. Wal-Mart might be able to keep Amazon from controlling the streaming market and blocking things such as sideloading.

9 Likes

Those ONN boxes handle pretty well

10 Likes

Walmart is working on a Pro Version of their onn. 4k TV box. Will it have more storage space?:thinking:

7 Likes

This is Awesome whatever it is I’m buying it. I love my 4K ONN!

7 Likes

This is great news, looking forward to giving the 4k pro a try!

2 Likes

Sorry for making a post about the onn 4k Pro . I didn’t see it on Troypoint. I came across the news while surfing through X . I’m sure we’re all equally excited about what this new box will have to offer :100::star2:

2 Likes

If I can get one here at Wally Mart I’ll give the pro a go.

1 Like

I doubt the information is out yet, but if someone could please post the specs and the cost of this item whenever the information is released I would be grateful.

2 Likes

Removed link to an article that showed the old specs. My bad.

They still don’t sell these devices in Canada even though they carry about everything else by Onn. I asked electronics in a few and they were not even aware it existed. They suggested I email higher up in Walmart to try and find out. Perhaps they have deals or something with the other vendors streaming products. Shame.

Not surprised about this announcement. A salvage store in our area (north GA) has the current version onn 4K boxes for $6.99 each. Bought several a couple of weeks ago. Figured it was a no-brainer at that price!

4 Likes

The generation two at $7 price. OMG you won the lottery. The older version gen 1 has problem remotes. The newer Gen 2 fixed that.

I have the current Onn box and it makes a perfect inexpensive platform to play around with Kodi, install different builds, skins, add-ons, etc to experiment, learn and see what works and how to configure different things. I recently discovered you can add Pluto TV as a PVR Client source and pull in those channels and guide to the Live TV section which I hadn’t done before. I certainly hope the new design will incorporate more storage space however.

1 Like

Agreed on the storage. IMO that is the only drawback with the current 4K ONN. I don’t like to mess with external storage on any of my boxes. Don’t really need it as I rarely record but would like another 5 GB on the ONN for Apps

1 Like

I am in Canada and enquired about the Onn in a Canadian Walmart. They said they had three in stock but couldn’t sell them yet. This was about 6 months ago and I haven’t followed up.

I am skeptical about that or that they even knew what you were talking about. I do hope they will get them in at some point if and when they can. You can’t find it even on their website with 200 other Onn products.

We’ve 4 now and they’re doing great. Of the four though, only one will migrate data to my USB drive. However, I am still able to manually transfer apps to the flash drive.
Hopefully I’ll figure it out.
Setup the ADB shell commands but no luck migrating the data.

Other than that, the boxes work great.

Pluto. TV, Tubi & Plex can be added to the Live TV section. Also, if you haven’t already installed it Xumo App added a growing live TV section . Roku channels app too :ok_hand:

1 Like

I couldn’t be happier with the current model!! It is amazing. I purchased 5 of them when they were on sale for all my TV’s and run KODI with real-debrid. Using real-debrid is a must have. The amount of things I have been able to do with the ONN, has just been hands down the best experience I’ve had with a steaming device. I was using the X92, but there was always an issue. Hardware failure or connection issues. Can’t wait for the new 2024 ONN device!!!