Walmart Onn 4K Pro Review & Guides

:+1: welconme to the group

1 Like

welcome
Tx to @Powerfader for the fun GIF

1 Like

And a link on where to buy it. Iā€™m in the UK so wonā€™t be easy to obtain

Are they good with syncler as well as Kodi

Continuing the discussion from All-New Walmart onn. 4K Pro Appears to be in the Works for 2024:

2 problems Iā€™ve encountered that maybe is just the 1 I have or maybe it can get fixed with the next box. 1, the WiFi capability seems limited. It wouldnā€™t connect in the bedroom even if I connected to the extender. So it ended up in the living room with the hardware to connect directly to the router. 2, if Iā€™ve watched several apps I have to go into settings and ā€œforce stopā€. I hope the new one will shut down the apps when I power off to solve this problem. Iā€™d be interested if others have similar problems.

1 Like

Its sort of nice,but will users be inundated with Walmart Ads down the road.

I can see a Onn 4k in my futureā€¦

1 Like

Run syncler and weyd with no issues!

1 Like

You can make a safe bet with that.

Iā€™ve been on two onn devices for almost two years and although I have 5 firesticks, as they die they are the last. The Firestick just canā€™t compare. I do wish the onn had more storage. I did the USB storage rigamarole, and thatā€™s just not worth the effort.

ā€œI recently discovered you can add Pluto TV as a PVR Client source and pull in those channels and guide to the Live TV section which I hadnā€™t done beforeā€.

Curious if this is documented in a step by step process to add through Kodi? Or if you have it documented? Iā€™ve set up my Onn box but am still green to developing add-ons through Kodi and feel Iā€™m missing outā€¦particularly on the live-Tv side!

1 Like

My friend got one, he bought it in the states, works really good

They are great, I got two of them finally in Florida last December. It took me visiting three states over a year to finally find one. I will absolutely look for this new one when itā€™s out if the specs and price make sense.

Well im dieing to check out the new version, thereā€™s been lots of talk about it, im sure itā€™s going to be a hit.

The instructions below can be found on the Kodi Wiki page, just do a Google search for kodi adding live tv pluto pvr or something along those lines and youā€™ll find it. Here are the basic steps I took to enable/add it, and it works great!

This add-on is installed from the Add-on browser located in Kodi as follows:

1. Settings
  2. Add-ons
  3. Install from repository
  4. PVR clients
  5. Pluto.tv PVR Client
  6. Install

Thanks very much! I appreciate it!

My oNN box works great very easy to side load

1 Like

I hope HDMI 2.1, Bluetooth 5.1, 2 or more USB 3.1, WiFi 7.0 with one Gig speed and Android 12.
Four Meg memory and at least 32 meg storage.
This is my dream streaming device. Time will tell

ā€¦and bypass OBB restrictions.
Amen.

As well keep a great price point although I would suspect it will go up now that they have entered the market place in a big way. Itā€™s a good product.