Advice on upgrading to a new router

I desperately need advice for a new router.
I have spectrum and their router is crap.
I have surfshark and have nothing but streaming problems. stop using my VPN- buffering goes away. its their equipment so i cannot customize it.
problems other than buffering. the spectrum tech says that their crappy modems do not support VPNs and he recommended (surprise!) the $900 netgear nighthawk router.
my neighbor has been causing interference/interruptions to my blink wifi cameras. i can say this because suspicious activity only occurs when she is home and on that side of the house. can’t call the cops as i have no proof.
either way i need something strong fast and reliable because i am full time WFH.
I have nieces and nephews that visit often so ipads, iphones and various gaming devices along with three firesticks and one Nvidia shield ( 8- wifi blink cameras and two Ring doorbells ( ethernet connected) . I have 1gbps speed.
can someone help me with router options and advice???

ASUS RT-AX86U Pro

3 Likes

Nice recommendation Ron, that is a good looking router. $200 a good price point.

1 Like

The pro is a newer processor with a better price. :+1:

1 Like

TP-Link Tri-Band BE9300 WiFi 7 Router

nice router, been wanting to try it. :+1:

1 Like

Its great for me. I ordered it when I got my new 2 gig fiber upgrade. The ISP’s router was only good for 1 gig. Why would they supply a router that only allows half the bandwidth of what you pay for? I asked them and never got an answer. Weird. But yeah, this TP Link works awesome and Im pleased with it.

1 Like

you want a good one this the one I have Asus is the best for me I always buy Asus

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09V6W4W1B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?psc=1

1 Like

Asus does make good stuff too I concur, however the Ethernet ports on this one is limited to 1gig max. I needed 2.5 gigs or better.
Here is the US VERSION of the RT-AX82U

Yeah I bought my Asus Router like 5 month ago and was only $300 bucks there expensive, but I have a bungalow house so I need strong signals. My other router was Asus which I had for like almost 10 years it kept going offline… I thought it was my ISP doing that :slight_smile:

1 Like