4K streaming - source not fast enough

Using FireStick 4Max - Kodi - real debrid - 50 gig network - get source not fast enough so it buffers - now I can go to a smaller file size to get it to work but not the same. Be obliged for any info on this problem - Ty

1 Like

50 down is ok without a vpn but I suspect with an active vpn not fast enough. What is your tested d/u speeds? I know the supposed “experts” state 25 to 30 down is plenty enough but in all the years of doing this it’s my experience that for 4K playback you need 35+ down.

1 Like

Another factor …is anyone else in your house using internet? Aside from internet speeds is the source the file is coming from. Their server may be overloaded or even under maintenance. Kodi requires patience and never giving up :upside_down_face:
Good luck

1 Like

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

1 Like

Use cached torrents only. If you want to give my Skeleton Crew build a spin, I rarely have any issues streaming 4K movies on my setup. Although your speed is borderline for high bitrate HDR 4K files.

1 Like

‘Jayhawks659’ is version 1.2 out yet? If i want to install it with The Crew already installed, do i have to uninstall the version i have installed already?? Do i install Crew TV 1.2 or The Crew 1.3.7 (or whatever it is now)?? I have Xenon Matrix installed as the build - Kodi version 19.4.
Any help appreciated (from you & others)

TIA

1 Like

There’s another thread on here somewhere about installing multiple builds. I don’t really see the point, but that’s just my opinion. If you have the TP rapid app installer already you can download the TP Kodi 19.0 fork and install my build on that to test it out. Usually when you install a new build you do a fresh copy. Which means it wipes out all your old stuff and installs the new.

Yes, version 1.2 launched. When you install my build the crew is already on it with the most recent version. You don’t have to do anything. The home menu buttons “Movies” and “TV Shows” point right to the crew menus.

1 Like

Version 1.2 has been released . You can install it from xenon . Go into repository , program addons then The Crew in Wizard.
Good luck

1 Like
4 Likes

Make sure you have a real debrid subscription and login in the settings menu.

1 Like

I changed the skin to Estuary but don’t see The Crew 1.2 in repository. Chef Wizard gives me an error when i click on it - don’t know what the error is unfortunately.

I did notice yesterday, however, that my version of The Crew IPTV (1.3.7???) worked, however it often froze up on most channels (except the ones on USTVGO which i’ve NEVER had an issue with - it is super stable & reliable!

1 Like

As I stated above the install file was in diggz xenon . Not sure why you switched to estaury . Anyway, jayhawks posted the instructions above. Follow those instructions . Good luck . P.S. crew IPTV section will be going away as per jay as well. This is why Jay made a nice setup …skeleton Crew 1.2.
Good luck :pirate_flag: Pete :pirate_flag:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.