Yutb starting to play while browsing

trying to watch, but hover for more than a few seconds and it starts playing. very annoying. tried a force stop in settings, but no change. works fine on safari on MacBook pro. should i uninstall and reinstall? any other ideas.?
quest

What device? This should be in the player or device playback options somewhere.

when i use safari on macbook pro this site works great. the problem occurs when browsing tv site with
firestick 3. this all worked fine until a few weeks ago. now it just starts playing if i hover over any thumbnail on yt home page. when i play a video it all works fine. it’s just when browsing.

1 Like

You can choose to turn off the Autoplay feature at any time using the toggle option available on the watch page.

This was part of the update awhile back. Kinda bothered me also but got used to it & like it now.
I only have Mac, I use a Mac Pro tower & never Safari as I much prefer Brave.

1 Like

looked on fire stick. tried force quit but no help. not sure what to look for on yt site.

1 Like

In the youtube settings (left side of homepage) scroll to bottom, click settings. The first pop-up window, first option at top is autoplay, scroll right to turn autoplay off or on.

1 Like

problem solved. thank you

1 Like