Youtube Revanced force closing/crashing after install

Hi all,
I’m having trouble running youtube revanced after installing through revanced manager on S23 Ultra running android 13. It just keeps crashing right after I try to run it. I followed the troypoint tutorial video step by step by the way. I tried uninstalling the revanced youtube app, the manager app and uninstalled micro g. Re-installed everything but still same issue. Is there a certain apk version of youtube im suppose to use? The version on the tutorial is 18.05.40. Even updated the manager app as well. Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on whats causing the crashing at start-up? Thanks

I’m not a pro, but did you uninstall all the youtube updates prior to Revanced install.

1 Like

Yes I did. I actually got it working now after doing some tweaking of the settings in revanced manager. I enabled “Experimental patches support” option in settings and after that I can enable Vanced MicroG Support to the patch. And it looks like its working.

Great, gald you got it working. I couldn’t get it to work for me. It was so frustrating and I just gave up. I’m using Newpipe, but its very glitchy. Official site says the current version wad not compatible with my A23 samsung phone. So, I had to install the legacy version. It allows me to stream adfree music. I created a new play list. I did want to sign in with my google account.

Hope you enjoy Revanced

Hello! I have the S23 Ultra and having issues installing YouTube apk for Revanced. Everytime I try to install it, it says "App not installed as package appears to be invalid. I uninstall all the Vance applications and uninstalled the YouTube updates. Not sure how to fix but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I’ve downloaded revanced from liteapks.com. Not had any problems so far and you get downloads to update every so often.
Don’t forget to download micro g first… You’ll find that just under the option to download revanced

1 Like

Greetings, I have tried several times to get ReVanced to work. I get to install button when I hit the button it says "Error Non-root install is not possible with the current patch selection…

I have attached a screen shot to show the entire error message. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you in advance.

Hello!

I just went through this with my Samsung Galaxy S22+. :man_cartwheeling:

Follow the Troypoint video (YouTube ReVanced on Android Mobile/Tablet (Ad-Free YouTube)), with two important exceptions:

1. Install YouTube APK 18.23.35 from apkmirror https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/youtube/youtube-18-23-35-release/. Don’t use the YT APK in the Toolbox.
  2. Install Revanced MGR from Troypoint Toolbox, but immediately update it to version 1.8.0, within the app.

When you do the Patch installation, YT APK 18.23.35 should have 53 patches recognized, and 52 actually get applied.
It should work for non-rooted phones.

HTH

2 Likes

Using 18.23.35 also worked for me thank you. Trying to figure out how to download the proper apk was the hard part for me . the apkmirror web site has allot of ads.I wonder if Troy could put the file on the toolbox for the later phones and tablets