YouTube Ramps Ups Its Efforts In Fight Against Ad Blockers

YouTube Ramps Ups Its Efforts In Fight Against Ad Blockers

Read More: YouTube Ramps Ups Its Efforts In Fight Against Ad Blockers

3 Likes

Interesting. I wonder if this will affect the smart tube app

1 Like

I wonder that as well… if anything it could cause developers to spring a new release

2 Likes

YouTube got greedy and stuffs as many ads as they can on a vid. Have fewer and charge more, but having an ad disrupt the video every minute and a half is ridiculous!

2 Likes

The included article about the global financial downturn was kind of interesting too. I use YouTube to learn how to fix something either cars or something around the house. What are you guys YouTube for do you watch it for movies entertainment whatever you guys use YouTube for. This question is being asked with respect

1 Like

I watch the How To’s and some doc videos. I like to listen to instrumental music as I go to sleep. Don’t know if YT has this feature, but Smart Tube has a feature where I can turn off the screen and only have the sound. That coupled with a sleep time is perfect for me.

I never watch youtube and never have, but lots must with the uproar caused by the ads.

Yeah it’s kind of irritating to have the video stop for an ad where you’re getting into it, however how the old saying goes “guys got to eat”!

1 Like

Yeah, that what Chris Christie said and look what happened to him.

Seriously, YouTube needs to limit the number of ads for a given time period. I used to just click the "skip " button and start the vid. Then it might have 2-3 ads imbedded. That was tolerable. Then they started doing the 1.5-minute ads at the beginning that you couldn’t skip. Then they got greedy and allowed waaaaay too many ads to be imbedded in little half hour vids. That’s when I got Smart Tube.

1 Like

Been using Youtube for years mostly for cooking recipe’s. Adblock on Google Chrome. I’ve never seen an Ad on Youtube. At some point they may figure this out but until then I don’t need to worry about Ad’s

1 Like

I use the Chrome extension AdGuard AdBlocker - works fantastic - never see one ad & i watch ALOT of YouTube vids - everytime i am on the computer! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

According to Luke at Cord Cutters News, YouTube is the most used app (#1) at 8% of total views, 2nd place is TUBI @ 1.3%, ROKU Channel @ 1% is third. Tenth place is 0.9% so it’s tight from 2nd - 10th place. YouTube is the Gorilla in the room, according to Luke. Personally I watch YouTube (Smart Tube) more than anything, watch sailing around the world, sports highlights, news, history and DIY. No ads! These % are for Free apps

1 Like

Might be a good time to sign out of our apps so that they can’t put strikes on us

YouTube testing ad blocker blocking, including on mobile

Google Violated Its Standards in Ad Deals, Research Finds - WSJ

Did Google mislead advertisers about TrueView skippable in-stream ads for the past three years?
https://adalytics.io/blog/invalid-google-video-partner-trueview-ads

first time i watched youtube was when i had to change the belt in the clothes dryer and didn’t know how to get to it. and no, it’s not just a couple of screws. quick search on youtube and i had it. i’m guessing that 50% of my time on tv is youtube - actually stube. who the hell would want to watch those annoying ads.

Well with the relentless updates on Smart Tube I’m sure they can stay ahead of YT developers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am on a 3 month free trial with Apple Music right now, I am finding it very enjoyable with tons of content. Of course, this is just music and not videos, but music was the main thing I used YouTube for.