YouTube is Currently Experimenting with Blocking Ad-Blockers

block on the hosts level, problem solved

Haven’t used real YouTube in years. The ads got to be too much.

Replaced audio control module Wifes 2016 fusion for $145. Dealer rebuilt wanted $1000. UTube saves me money!

1 Like

Isn’t this something they’ve been trying to do for years? Somewhere, somehow someone will have a work around

Yes the adds very annoying real pain in the butt. A lot of websites on the PCs already have this.

I just use SmartTubeNext on the firestick every night and has been flawless most of the time. If there is a change in google’s code to mess the app about the guys at Github usually have an update out pretty quickly.
Not sure what you would use on a PC other that Bluestacks etc but I don’t watch Youtube on a PC so not too bothered :slight_smile:

PiHole on a Raspberry Pi or a NAS via Docker works pretty well :+1:

2 Likes

haven’t used YouTube in a very, very long time. However, I do use Smart Tube daily and as long as they do what they do. Then I have NO intentions of ever using that over ad bloated YouTube ever again.

I am on Youtube pretty much every day on windows PC (Mostly for cooking recipe’s) and I have never seen an ad. I have had Adblock (Chrome) for years and have never, not once had issues with Ads or received a message saying Adblock is not allowed on Youtube.

Here’s a screen shot showing AdBlock doing it’s job on Youtube

2 Likes

I use Brave browser as my default and when I want to watch Youtube I just use a new private window which bypasses all ads.

1 Like

Funny thing I run YouTube all day and don’t ever see ads I am logged into my account on the app. Why I am this lucky I don’t know but another person in my home uses the guest and sees all the ads I have them use that so I’m not seeing recommendations for them. But I’m real curious because I see it a lot about getting ads and trying to get rid of it. Like I said I’m just logged into my Google account. And have never seen ads on multiple TVs logged into my account. Maybe Google thinks I’m seeing enough ads on their Chrome I have about 77 tabs open right now that could be a possibility.

Is it possible that your ad blocker on Chrome Google or your PC is helping when you’re logged into Google keeping the ads out

On Chrome browser in site settings I do have ads blocked with their setting. But I don’t have such a setting on my fire TV stick Max or the recent Walmart ONN and both on YouTube have never seen ads The new Walmart Onn doesn’t have such a setting to block the ads unless you’re using a separate app but I don’t have one on there and I still don’t see ads now if I logged out of my account on YouTube and use the guest then I will see ads someone else here uses that on another TV and they see ads with the guest setting. It could be a glitch in the system for Google with me because they keep asking me when I open YouTube sometimes if I want to go add free to pay I just disregard it don’t even say no thanks anymore.