You Can Now Mark Posts As Solutions

Hello Everyone,

I’ve added a feature that allows topic creators to mark a post within the topic as a ‘Solution’.

Please use this feature if someone replies to you and it serves as a solution for your issue.

This will save others a lot of time when searching for a solution to their problem.

This is what it looks like under the post.

5 Likes

Great idea! That should help clear things up a little

3 Likes

Awesome idea.

Make the search function easier. Thanks! :grin:

2 Likes

I love this feature. It will help me with my many upcoming questions.

2 Likes

@TROYPOINT
There never is a line of icons showing on any posts I review or reply to. I am unable to add a checkmark to mark a reply as a “solution”.

1 Like

Hello @Miki click the … 3 dots and another menu will open with that option. Keep in mind that you must be the topic creator for that solution box to show.

1 Like

Unfortunately no it doesn’t. I went to the topic I created and clicked the 3 dots down the bottom and that extra bar does not show. I get the garbage can and flag etc but no bar showing the options in your pic.

1 Like

I am assuming that you went to the topic that you created about Ethernet? If that’s the case, nobody has replied to that post yet. When they do, you will click the three dots under their post and then the solution box should be there.

1 Like

Lol. Ok tx. My mistake was assuming that anyone could mark a post as a solution.

3 Likes

I wish topic creator’s did it more. Sorting threw threads be great.

1 Like

I agree. Next week, I will post a quick video on best practices for the Insider. That should hopefully help a bit. But most probably won’t watch the video. LOL.

1 Like

I watch your vids. There’s always more to learn and you never know what that might be. Keeps ya young.

2 Likes

@TROYPOINT

I watch them too. I try to keep my self informed.

3 Likes

I watch ‘em all too.
It’s how I learn this stuff, along with what other people post too.
I was wondering if there is a way to follow certain people on here; so when they post stuff, you can click on there avatar and read what they posted.
Just thinking out loud.
Thank Troy for what you do.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issues using the installer

@TROYPOINT

Thank you, much appreciation for all your hard work.

1 Like