Yay or Nay for BuzzTV X5 Android TV Box

Hi. Right, I’m from the UK and my Buzz 5 box has finally arrived from the UK distributors.

However, Looking for a bit of advice/help.

I’m in a bit of a quandary now as to whether to keep it or just send it back, especially after reading some of the little glitches and problems I’ve read about here and elsewhere online and also regarding the latest updates.

So what is the consensus of the people in here, is it a yay or a nay to keep the box or send this box back.

Look forward to the replies to this post

TIA

3 Likes

That really debends on what issues you are having… dont let us decide for you. Is it game breaking for you or no big deal. Research your issues and find solutions. Its up to you. I dont own it but for me as long as syncler works with rd and stremio it dont matter. Thats all these boxes are ment for that and iptv.

3 Likes

I’ve not actually opened up the box package yet, it is still as it was when it was delivered to me. I’m just having reservations after reading a few slightly negative viewpoints on this particular box and as I say after the latest OTA updates, but I suppose that is to be expected eh :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

Thats kinda a awful way to go about. You shoulf open it and hook it up. You wont know what you like or dislike untill you do, there is still return policies.

If i tell you to return it because me and a few others dislike it while others love it you wont get to experience that to make a more informed decision on how it works for you.

3 Likes

I have both the shield pro and the buzz tv 5 and im now using the buzz as my go to everyday device and moved the shield to another room. Buzz was a slight win in my eyes

4 Likes

Hi @bigivy
Here’s my two cents.
Open set it up, install some apps and see what you think and how you feel about it. You won’t know until you give it a go.

1 Like

@bigivy please :pray: don’t be hesitant. I’ve had this box for roughly 3 weeks and sure there were some things to iron out just like every new streaming device does but every issue I came across was eventually figured out and I’m no tech wiz. As far as updates, yes 1 rolled out that messed up a few things but the buzztv developers were right on it and issued another update 7 days later that fixed everything on my end. I have had quite a few streaming devices I’ve tried in the past and nothing comes close to this box. I do alot of streaming and this box does it seamlessly. Kodi perfect, tivimate perfect, fully customizable homepage with some work, zippy wifi and I could go on and on. The only thing I have negative to say and troy mentioned in his review is the outer ring on the okay button of the remote is not raised enough for smooth navigation. Now c’mon @bigivy crack that box open.:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply, much appreciated.
I shall build up the courage to, if you pardon the pun, open the box next week​:+1::grin:.
Thanks

2 Likes

Enjoy! Hope you like it.

1 Like

I had one but, I agree with TP Dracon’s advice…

2 Likes

Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday and I’ll be setting it up that night. I realize things happen and there may be bugs, but I’ll deal and work to iron the kinks out

3 Likes