Xteve M3U proxy for iptv streaming

Many are not aware of this project on github and many are and that many more run away when they read the description. Well I’m not the best communicator and maybe others here can pick it up, test it out and help explain it(Troy) :joy:…jus’ sayin’

If you do a search and dig down a little you will find its very popular with home servers and thinking about it some …most likely some big servers as well. For those with know-how(under 20 :sweat_smile:) this all comes easy. I once thought this was server related only and ive tried various configs, many servers…I think Amazon might cut me off soon for the returns.

What i’ve found is xteve yes runs on servers, docker containers etc…but I discovered I could run it on any pc on my network as long as it stays on while tv is being watched. You can also use it with tivimate and this was my big find. I put my m3u and epg, used xteve to prune out the unwanted stuff and generate my new creds. Normally I would insert this info into emby and everthing worked as advertised. Well then I decided to put that same info xteve had generated into tivimate…1st attempt, no go…so I gave up for the day…then though maybe a typo?.. tried again and 200 of my fav channels populated in tivimate. With the recent xteve release they have implemented re-stream<<< this is big as it allows for as many streams as you want on your network and its counted as 1 stream even when watching various channels. This all depends on the source you use(hardware, ram). I sent all my servers back as I considered it overkill for my purpose and purchased a mini pc to be my server. I put linux on it but windows will work as well.

Give it a look, do some testing if ya want but this is very cool.

GitHub - xteve-project/xTeVe: M3U Proxy for Plex DVR and Emby Live TV

1 Like

Looks very interesting but how do you receive the restream at each Tv? with an app or how?

tivimate, emby or plex and maybe jellyfin. Being able to use tivimate as I am I think that should open up other players as well.

Yes if you can use tivimate that would open up a whole new world!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.