Xfinity Blast internet and new modem

I need a new modem for my Xfinity Blast internet 1.2 GB max.

Have heard of some nightmares with modem installation and Xfinity.

White modem will provide the best speed with pretty simple installation?

Thank you!

The hardest part with using your own modem is getting your provider to activate and provision the modem from their end.

They will tell you that the modem needs to be on their approved list and convince you that since it’s not their provided modem, they can give you no support for it.

…but they do need to honor activating it if it’s compatible and on their list of approved modems.

Arris modems have always been very reliable, fast, and does error corrections well.

You’ll need a DOCSIS 3.0 or better for your speed profile.

1 Like

also xfinity has a modem/router combo. They will try to get you to use it making all kind of great claims…ignore their banter :sweat_smile: …Most modem/routers will have xfinity approved on the package or just ask. Activation now days can all be done on the xfinity app.

2 Likes

I suggest that you’d consider getting a separate modem and router as opposed to an all in one combo.

Much better flexibility - you’ll likely not have to update the modem for quite some time but can keep up with the ever changing wifi protocol upgrades as you see fit.

I have the white modem/router and it has been great but no matter what device you use if your home is bigger than a single family house then you will need wifi extender or mesh system addon to cover the areas farthest from modem