X-Plore does not see flash drive

Less cost is the result. If these specs did not meet your needs then perhaps a little research would have eliminated your frustration. For me I love my Firesticks and my 4K Max is the best yet. I never need extra storage, as I use it solely for IPTV, Movies, TV Series, and sports and with the apps I have to access thousands of sources I still have 2.3GB+ free. There are amazing boxs out there with 32 to 64 GBs of storage for not much more cost than the Max. Maybe time to cut your losses, eliminate your issues and buy an Android box.

Or just go back to cable and rid myself of all this nonsense. I had cable for years and years and it worked every single day without a problem. It seems that everyday with this Internet tv brings a new adventure. I just want to turn it on and watch. Not play with it. You say ā€œCut my losesā€. Havent lost a thing. If having ample storage isnā€™t an issue, which to you it isnā€™t, why do all the Gurus we listen to, like Troy, stress the need for it. I use very few apps.

Hmm I havenā€™t seen any Gurus that stress itā€™s a must to have extra storage. Itā€™s solely the way you use your devices and what your expectations are. I Turn my stick on every day and watch what ever I want without issues. Cord cutting requires learning, and some either donā€™t want to or canā€™t. Yes it takes effort, unlike cable, but in Canada my internet/TV/Phone bill was $340/month. Now I pay about $10/ mth for a vpn, $35 for a lifetime TiViMate sub, and nothing for internet as itā€™s included in my rent. I now watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it, and enjoy the over $300/mth savings. As you say you use very few apps and just want to watch TV then why do you need extra storage?

2 Likes

I must hullicunating or delirious. I just looked up USB storage on Troypoint.com and found 8 pages of articles, but I guess that only shows unimportant it is. Things must be different in Canada. One of the reasons that I always see about

Didnt get to finish. Many of the non-existent, unimportant articles about USB storage stress the need for ample free storage to help reduce buffering

Total Commander shows thenUSB drive on right panel. When I click it, does not show apps. The left panel shows all apps and those that are on USB drive have a -U after the name.

Personally, I prefer X-Plore much better as I guess most people. No matter, TC does not resolve this.

Iā€™m back to wondering if I eject and reinsert the USB drive if magically, it would appear in XP? Please respond to my concern ā€¦ not wanting to lose my installed apps on USBā€¦ and read an other (long post) asking other questionsā€¦ if youā€™d kindly broach that one.

Much appreciated.
Ira

1 Like

Anyone able to respond to my third para, above. Would X-Plore show USB if it was installed to AFT storage instead of USB as Iā€™ve been operating?

1 Like

Ahh yes buffering. I donā€™t have that issue as I know how to optimize my firestick to reduce issues like that. So youā€™re correct from my perspective, uneeeded articles. But donā€™t let me dissuade you from accessing every single article and vid that Troy has provided. Thatā€™s the way to learn and get to where you enjoy your device, as I have. It takes time and patience and unfortunately noone can definitively analyze,and resolve your issues, without actually being there, to fill in the blanks. Again thatā€™s a lot of what troy has done. His vids and articles help get you to a happy place. Oh btw. I believe I mentioned that my internal free space on my Firestick 4K Max AFTKA is always kept around 2.4 GB free, one of the ways I reduce buffering.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

Had the same issues. Had the try two or three times to move files to the USB drive. X-PLORE is flaky with copy files as it does not immediately do it.

@Iraisok Hi again

You may try the following:

1. Make sure developer options is turn off > in Settings> My Fire TV.
  2. Restart the Fire TV. In Settings > My Fire TV.
  3. Reset remote and try plug-in USB again. :+1:

Also try to reinstall X-Plore maybe it could be corrupted.

1/2. Tried that (multiple times with restarts - No change
3. How do I reset Remote - I would not do so if I lose anything requiring me to reinstall or log back into apps. This is a matter for whatā€™s more important to me. I will read about the Remote Reset process. Excuse me for asking but has resetting remote EVER resolved X-Plore not seeing a working USB on an OTG?

Also, Iā€™ve reinstalled X-Plore and for giggles placed it on the AFS internal drive - no difference.

I would follow the ā€œsafely removeā€ USB step (that we never needed to follow from Win XP on) if I have ANYONEā€™s assurance that when I reinsert the USB drive, all my installed apps would work. I believe I read that ALL IS LOST if the USB uninstalled" Is that true?

I would like to remove the USB, uninstall X-Plore, reboot, reinstall X-Plore then reinsert the USB drive to X-Plore now sees it. BUT Iā€™VE NOT HEARD BACK ON SUCH AN ACTION. IS IT SAFE ā€¦ or please tell me the steps to ensure my USB installed apps would work after such an attempt???

Thanks guys,
Ira

I never used X-Plore to copy files to the USB drive. Always used AFS for all those that are offered. And as mentioned the very problem I have is X-Plore does NOT see the USB that works fine.

Tnx,
Ira

@Iraisok

To reset the remote is the best way to remove the battery and place them back.

Here another TPM manual about remote

Matrix - tnx for the recommended method to reset the remote. Excuse me but how does resetting the remote relate to the issue - Xplore to showing a fully functional (with installed app) USB stick?

Ira

Happy reading.

https://www.lonelycatgames.com/docs/xplore/known-problems/write-external-storage

I gave him a similiar link at the very beginning. lol. No go.

2 Likes

Guys, I have bookmarked all the links you all have sent. None relate to the issue. Everything is appreciated.

1. The USB flash drive is fully install and has 16 operational programs on it.

2. The issue is that X-Plore Does NOT see the Sandisk 16GB USB drive. Iā€™ve tried everything that you all have suggested except resetting my remote.

I still would like to know if I SAFELY remove thE USB then reinsert it, would the installed programs still run or will they be lost (loose association with their data folders/files on the internal drive??? I think the warning at time of a safe removal of usb drive states programs on USB will be lost???

Ok no risk, Iā€™d install X-Plore the connect the USB DRIVE.

@Iraisok

As I mentioned in my earlier post to follow the steps those steps includes to reset the remote.

Those steps suggestions to try like other posts

Those steps have solved the more issues like yourā€™s ā€œX-Plore does not see the flash driveā€ for other users.

In TP manual. scroll down to table of contents 7.3

How do I Reset my Firestick Remote?

If your remote isnā€™t working, one of the best things to do is remove or replace the batteries.

In the manual also lots of information about the remote those includes many links to specific issue, there is also other ways to reset the remote but removing or replace the batteries one of the best things to do. :+1:

I read it but itā€™s not the same. The link I posted basically says if the app didnā€™t come preinstalled on an Android 11 device then thereā€™s a chance you wonā€™t be able to get it to work at all. Thereā€™s no way to enable it. This was a change in security settings made by Google.

Ahh ok. Tx. Ya I read through the posts from the same source and there are tons of things to be done to fix the X-Plore app. and as I donā€™t use it I canā€™t test to see if adding those things helps. Have a good day Jay