Why the Heck Is Amazon Selling These Fake 16 Terabyte Portable SSD Drives?

Why the Heck Is Amazon Selling These Fake 16 Terabyte Portable SSD Drives? – Review Geek

Been Going on for years. I’ve sent them countless emails about these scammers selling drives marketed at much higher storage capacities that just are completely false. Thing is some people write great reviews because they never have trouble because they hardly use any storage space. Thing is when you reach some limit (Like 10% of what these drives are marketed as) the drives start overwriting any files you saved. I even pointed out to amazon that in some cases Amazon is Fulfilling these as Prime!!!

Yera I bought one about a year ago because it was too good to be true…and it was fake. Reviews are all lies from either un-informed users or scammers. Amazon reviews are very hard to believe now days.

4 Likes

Have you looked at the reviews for these lately? They’re not even for the 16TB hard drive, how does this happen? Below are some of the Amazon reviews for WIOTA External Hard Drive 16TB:

Beautiful work of art
I hung this beautiful portrait in my kitchen. My family and I love looking at it everyday it is made well. Overall great product!

Great product at a great price!!
Great product. Reasonable price. The video quality and microphone are both very good. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody looking for a quality webcam at a reasonable price.

Our students love them!
These are fantastic slap bracelets. We use them as prizes at our school, and the kiddos love them! I wish there were more “boy” colors/themes, but our youngest students love them all! Great product for a great price.

https://www.amazon.com/WIOTA-External-Hard-Drive-Portable/dp/B0BRTS6YLK/

2 Likes

someone sleeping on the job :crazy_face:

1 Like

Must be in a coma. Been seeing this kind of stuff for over a year now.

4 Likes

I have not made any purchase from Amazon in years. I refuse to do business with them for reasons stated in this post. Not for that specific product, but for many other products that are not as advertised. I would rather pay more and buy a legitimate product than give Amazon a dime of my money. Just my two cents.

2 Likes

Did Amazon allow you to return for your money back, hopefully?

1 Like

Noticed your nickname, would you happen to be a guitar player as well?

oh yea, they so far have never denied a return

1 Like

Excellent. Yeah, that is one of the best things about shopping at Amazon, the ease of returns.

4 Likes

Lol, yes, I would be. Played guitar for about sixty years. Haven’t played in five years or so, bought a Roland keyboard and have been playing with that mostly. I still have my guitar equipment (1994 PRS EG3 with Domino pickups, Mesa Boogie Nomad 55, and numerous pedals). I do plan on picking up the guitar again when I get better at keyboards. I would like to record some original instrumentals with guitar as well as keyboard. I have a mini-studio (Tascam DP-24 recording station and Presonus Studio Monitors), which I use a lot. Mostly for jamming around. Thanks for asking. You a musician also?

2 Likes

Wow, you have lots of professional equipment! I’m impressed! I play guitar, have for about 30 years or so… and have an unusual collection of acoustics and electrics. Some nice, some crappy. Most recently I picked up some fun little gadgets… a pedal called Trio Band Creator and a ZOOM G1X Four multi effects processor and am spending too much time fiddling with those. Nowdays I just play for fun, mostly classic rock, a little blues… back in the late 80’s I was briefly in a rock band with a ridiculous name. LOL Thanks for asking too!

Thanks for your evaluation of the fake 16TB drives…

2 Likes

I have to ask this very important question :face_with_monocle:…The name of your band please? :woozy_face: :rofl:

1 Like

Sheeeeit… I was hoping no one would ask. :neutral_face: :pleading_face: Okay, it started out as Womby Cloudbottom, and then ended up just being Cloudbottom. Don’t ask me why, I didn’t have anything to do with the naming process, that all happened before I got there.

1 Like

sure it did, we believe you :rofl:

1 Like

images
Forgot to add, Johnny did it. And he just doesn’t remember.

3 Likes

I’ve been purchase WDC for many many years there best that’s all use for the last 10

If it is a “Prime” product, all you have to do is return it at no cost to you. Excellent customer service for returns.