Why do so many of these builds require you to have all debrid and torrents and track tv?

So now that a few have called you out your blaming this on your kid? Really? Like for real! WOW! Okay, tell your kid that KODI works okay

2 Likes

Probably doesn’t even have a kid… Lol just kidding. I don’t really give a crap.

2 Likes

I don’t give a crap either…

EDIT: - Sorry my Dog walked across my Keyboard and typed that

Ok thanks so much here are some pictures of the issues I am having maybe you help me try to fix it, so frustrating for me

1 Like

Here is another example

Kudos looks like you got RD Authorized, now you just need to Authorize Trakt

1 Like

I am doing that now but now there is a new one called uptobox.com??
Another one!? Omg!!

@Bellamia

It sounds like you almost have things up and running on kodi. I can’t tell you how important it is to take your time and setup things properly. Here is a great video posted by another user that goes into detail on how to do many of these tasks.

I can say that once you setup the settings for one or two addons, you will get the hang of things, and the process will become much smoother.

My one suggestion for a new kodi user that uses builds, simply focus on one single addon at a time. Every build has multiple addons and the task of setting each one up can be daunting.

No idea what Uptobox is or where you are seeing that, but just ignore it. Maybe you should stick with Kodi and a couple main addons instead of a full blown build. You can also not click on Trakt authorizing if you dont have Trakt. Just because the button is there, doesnt mean it is required to watch content. Keep Real Debrid, use one or two working addons and you should be just fine.

2 Likes

Thankyou for the recommendation I did the build install last night and its working fine but I am just overwhelmed by having to set up Real Debrid and Trakt Authentication on each add-on I mean does this sound correct? I have had kodi for years and I can’t believe its gotten so out of hand with all these Authenticating issues it was never like that before!

1 Like

Thank you so much for that I’m going to take a look at it, it’s just a very daunting task I set up a new build and it’s working fine but I get the same error messages until I go in and set each one up like you said but just an observation I’ve been using kodi for years and years and the more time goes on the more complicated it gets cuz all these companies want your money real debrid and all debrid etc…never used to be like this, I can’t believe it’s gotten so out of hand it’s ridiculous I’m sure you know what I mean everything was easy now the last couple of years it’s just gotten worse and worse it’s crazy but thank you so much for your help I so appreciate it it does become extremely overwhelming like you said!
I don’t understand why one general debrid setup doesn’t take care of all kodi add-ons at once?

Most addons use ResolveURL and the Real Debrid authorization only needs to be done once in there. Honestly out of the handful of most reliable addons for movies and shows, they all do about the same thing if you have Real Debrid. People advocate for one or the other because it’s what they are familiar with. For example, I provided a video on how to setup the crew because it’s probably the most popular. But I actually use Homelander for the minor differences in how the links are displayed in the results page.

I suggest that you ditch the build and start over with just one popular addon for now if you have Real Debrid. See if there’s anything missing that you want and then come back on here and ask which addons will give you what you’re looking for. But if you’re not ready to ditch the build you can always install a fork of Kodi and use that to test out an addon or two.

2 Likes

Dog typing

There’s usually a place in settings where you can authorized real debrid and trakt called " Account Manager" where you authorize your accounts and it will authorize all of the add-ons at once.
Sorry, I didn’t know that you had real debrid. I guided you to a no -debrid version of KODI to make it easy for you so that you could just click and play. If you want to use debrid & trakt there’s a really good build that doesn’t take up a ton of space on your device . It’s called " Xlite" it has the Network sections and all. Best part about it is that it’s all on one screen . It’s inside the Funs Wizard where you got the Xontrix build. Let me know if you need any help

1 Like

P.S. I’ve had a couple of skystream boxes myself back in the early days when they were way over priced :joy::sob:

2 Likes

Not ever heard of it but apparently that is a service located in the UK. You need to set your vpn to a server in the UK to view their webpage.

Anyway, I did check it out and wasn’t impressed.

1 Like

Follow Jayhawks’ advice.
Using one or two add-ons is easier to manage for a newbie than any of the several builds that I have tried. I’m not a newbie anymore, but I still prefer just using an add-on or two.

The Crew repository is a great one to have on your device because it includes several really good add-ons.

1 Like

Use ‘Jayhawks’ build - The Skeleton Crew. Easy to set up with RD & Trakt & easy on resources. I have it on all my boxes & works great!

1 Like