Why do 4K videos lock up on my Shield Pro?

I stream with on the Shield via the Syncler app. I am Cat6 wired from my router. I have an LG OLED TV. My internet speed with IPVanish on is 140 MB. The videos freeze at less than 10 MB. Why do you think I am having a problem?

3 Likes

Assuming (and hoping) you are using Real Debrid?

2 Likes

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that I have RD and PM.

3 Likes

Interesting. With that setup you should be able to play whatever you want. Do you have any non-4k devices within that? A surround sound receiver that doesnt support like Atmos, etc?

1 Like

I just have a rather simple Vizio sound bar.

2 Likes

I have the shield pro and haven’t encountered any issues streaming 4K with Syncler and plex

1 Like

I wonder if it might be the Syncler app.

1 Like

often with everything up to par on your side, you are still dependant on the source of the a/v file.

2 Likes

Is this an official Syncler app? Also, is this the free version or the Syncler+? What packages do you have installed?

I just now opened my Syncler+ and am playing a 4K movie at this moment and everything looks good on my end.

Samsung QLED 4K
Nvidia Pro
Ethernet
Spectrum 500+ Mbps
Surfshark

3 Likes

I populate my sources by bitrate. Maybe using a 4k source with higher bitrate might help. If not, use a smaller 4k file and try that.

1 Like

I have Syncler+ too. However, only 300 Mbps, which drops to about 140 with IPVanish.

2 Likes

Why use a VPN when streaming Syncler+ if you have RD or PM no need for VPN traffic is encrypted I Don’t use VPN it’s hasn’t been a problem for me when it was zion or now Syncler

I don’t know a lot about all the in’s and out’s. I used to love VLC then I was having issues. Went to MxPlayer having issues. Both would freeze video like you said. I went back and forth trying different players in S+. I found for whatever reason. Playing the same link with exo player no problem. Play same link with Mxplayer pro freeze. So right now I am just using exo player. Also had a strange issue with VPN as well. Try a different location with VPN see if any of that helps. I don’t why a player would cause many issues for me? Codecs? Sound? Like someone mentioned. So many different links to choose from at times. Also I’m finding some links that say 1080p that look like 480 and those were for just freetv stuff. Seems like people are putting garbage links out.

2 Likes

140 is more than enough to stream anything you want.

1 Like

Way more than enough if using good sources. Use a VPN.

3 Likes

I think you miss the point. Using RD or any link pulled from RD is encrypted yes, however the program you are using without a vpn is not. Your isp can track that data and know that you are using syncler. Does it matter? maybe maybe not… the point is i rather no isp or any other governing agency see that im using these programs in case something happens in the forever changing online world.

I dont care that you use or dont use a vpn, but if you are using a unverified program or app you should protect yourself with a vpn and encrypted your traffic data. Working in ISP if they wanted to they can see you are using syncler and probably see what your doing minus that encrypted RD link. I really dont think it matters but just be informed that your inet traffic can be monitored including apks and apps you use.

8 Likes

Even my server is behind https certificates Surexthen can assume of what’s going on but after the .com there clueless…

Still, we should be using a vpn with unverified apps. I cant force anyone too thats their choice. But, i just want to make sure everyone understands the ricks thats all

3 Likes

I agree a VPN is secure for sure for certain things

2 Likes

Just don’t promote not using one in here. Your choice is your choice.

1 Like