Why aren't movies in English not at the top or labeled as such

Thanks, I will look into that also, but I’ve actually emailed Cinema HD about this topic and once I get some feedback, I will share it.

1 Like

I’ll look at Cinema in a bit.

PF is correct. Not every found and displayed source will have a flag. For me that is a clear indication that my source is English only… I don’t have the options PF shows on my Shield.

1 Like

That i9s with the latest update. Also, that is using the stock player.

Yes the description of movie is in English but movie in other than English though every box was checked for English in tools settings etc. on my unit…

Then that is the language the host recorded it in.

many are from Netflix which offers many dubbed languages whereby you can choose on Netflix .downloading from Firestick however does not offer dubbing just CC in some cases.
but you are right if program not in English why is the details and info in English?

It doesn’t matter what language your UI is set to. Your scrapers need to be setup to pull links with a certain language. In Kodi you can do this and you may be able to with other apps. With Cinema I don’t think you can, but it’s been a long time since I’ve used Cinema, so I’m not sure.

Scrapers will pull sources from the entire internet, not just the country you are in. Many movies have multiple audio tracks. English may be one of the tracks, but not the primary or default audio track. This is why changing your settings is important.

If you want to use Kodi, I cover this and many other things in my video.

2 Likes

I run into this problem once in awhile but it’s no big deal. Mostly I look at the contents in the link and it sometimes gives away the language. I’ve been using Skeleto and FEN builds and haven’t looked into just pulling English only links because it doesn’t bother me. I just look for another one or spend time brushing up on my Spanish!

Shouldn’t be happening in the skeleton build. Not unless some settings were changed. I’ve been running basically the same setup and haven’t had any issues. Double check the settings I mentioned above in the player settings section. Make sure “preferred default audio streams” is turned off and your preferred language is set to English.

I will do that. Really kind of amusing to start a movie only to have them speak in Spanish. Thanks

You’re welcome. Let me know if there’s an improvement or not.

Sometimes from my IPTV service the movies will be in a different language usually french.

Can’t help you there. IPTV streams are all controlled by the provider. Nothing you can do.

:face_exhaling:

I need 20 characters

@AJS1: looks like you found them!

Really great helpful video and sweet Weimeraner.

Some of the stuff I didn’t need but there were a few things I have wanted, in my setup, for a long time. Thank you very much for the video.

Hint if movie cast story takes you to Mexico or Spanish surnames as cast any movie involving Narcos crime etc you can expect the first 5 minutes of movie in English then bang zoom most in Spanish with English CC……

Where can I find directions on how to set it up in Kodi? I would prefer English only to be listed.

In the link I posted above…