Whole-Home IPTV DVR and tivimate, no option to select "set up LAN"

Hey everyone,
Having some trouble setting this up.
I was able to set up the static IP and share folder on my PC, I think my issue is in tivimate.
When I go over to tivimate on my shield to enter the IP address for the recordings folder, there is no option to set up LAN like it shows in Troy’s video, only to set up SMB (whatever that is) .

I tried using the SMB option, entered server address, but when I do it doesn’t show any folders available under the IP address.

Having same issue on fire stick so doesnt seem shield-update-related. Same issue, no option to “set up LAN” in recording settings in tivimate.
Any suggestions? Is the home dvr still an option with tivimate? Thank you

@Guttersnipe

Hi before going to Tivimate pls. Check the settings how to setup stetic IP address and the following steps because in this part of settings mostly goes wrong.

Setup a static IP address, in windows search for network property and find IP address 192.168… and write it down " don’t write down the slash/ and the numbers after that".

Then search for the network connection you’re using eg: Lan network or WiFi network depends on what you use.

Select the network You’re using, Left click then select properties, click on internet protocols v4, then properties, in general above section select use the following IP address then type in the IP address you wrote earlier from you network property
192.168…, then click on the subnet mask this will automatically be filled with 555.555…, in default gateway type in

In the section below type
Preferred DNS server

Alternate DNS server
1.0.0.1 this is for cloud flair.
Click ok the close.

You just configured static IP address.

Search for sharing, selectadvanced sharing settings, and doe the same what TP adviced in video and the most important is to Turn off password protected sharing.

Then follow up with the video.
To create sharing folder in drive Cand give it a name as TP proposed, then allowed to be accessible from Tivimate.

If everything goes well pls let me know.:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the response, Matrix. Im pretty sure I followed that part correctly but I’ll go over it again when I get home, and see if I missed a step.

@Guttersnipe

Hopefully you will succeed otherwise pls post the results. Thanks :pray:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I did this exactly as the video but when I record it only records 1 minute. I have it set to record 1 minute before the show and 1 minute after and I tried recording 2 thirty minute shows at 2 different times but each time it only recorded 1 minute

I had this issue on my Shield Pro. Now this may not work for you, but in my playlists I had changed my Output format to HLS so I changed it back to MPEG-TS and that fixed my recording issue.

This is 4 TB that can be set up for smb in Tivimate for all your devices with tivimate installed on and access all your recordings from any device Lon tv does a great review on YouTube explains all it’s capabilities
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1813838-REG/synology_bst150_4t_4tb_beestation_personal_cloud.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gad_source=4