Which vpn do you guys reco

Hi, I download movies and tv series so I need a vpn. Over the last 5 years I have tried three different systems and for two years have been with surfshark.
There 24 month sub is ridiculously cheap but my main criteria is simplicity. I am not terrible good at IT and do well to switch my pc on in the morning.
I rather fancy a change but is there a vpn out there which is cheap and very easy to operate.TIA, jack

1 Like

I have used surfshark since they started. At first they were hit and miss but have evolved into a top tier vpn service and unlimited connections. You would be hard pressed to beat the price vs quality you get with them.

2 Likes

I concur with TXRon…Surfshark is inexpensive, easy to use & I get good speeds thru it.

2 Likes

Thanks TXRon, appreciate your opinion. jack

1 Like

Hi pangaeatech, Many thanks, looks like I shall stay with Surfshark.jack

1 Like

One of the biggest problems users have with vpn’s is they just install and expect it to be flawless. You need to try different servers and protocols to see what works best for you. In my case my nearest server is not the best and if I swap to a server in florida I almost double my DL speed. When I use the surfshark vpn app I find the wireguard protocol is the fastest.

3 Likes

Welcome! And I agree with @TXRon It was my first VPN, was iffy from when I started so I picked up another one. Since the update I haven’t used anything else. It’s been amazing and the kill switch works fantastic. I highly recommend it, but it’s a personal choice. Good Luck!

3 Likes

I only started using a VPN 1 1/2 years ago and I chose IPVanish. It seems pretty robust in features and they update and make it better frequently. My speeds have always been excellent and far surpass what I need to stream anything. The price might seem somewhat higher than others but in fact, it’s merely a suggestion and they run deals all the time. You only need to get on chat with the support (The support is fast and good) and they will cut you a deal faster than a used car salesman.

This is what I did when my renewal was coming up. I watched the deals out there, some I missed but at renewal time, told the sales person about it and asked about customer loyalty . No problem.

Hi, thank you both very much for your opinions and help. I dont really know how to use Surfshark to its maximum effect . I live in spain and tend to use servers in Madrid [ about 600 miles from me ] or london, uk.
I use bittorrent but often find downloading has almost stopped. My wifi signal is very good. I have looked at the different protocol settings but it might as well be written in russian so I just pick any one and leave it at that. Perhaps I should start learning a lot more avout vpn`s. Thank you both again for your time and trouble. jack

1 Like

Im not a fan of google but this might help…
Google Translate

пожалуйста

@tosser

I would give this a read:

Pick one that suites your budget and needs. If vpns offer more than what’s in that topic is just gimmics and convenience for price.

Arguably nord is one of the top brands, however they just screwed everyone in price. Vpns all do the save thing so read that topic and decide based on your needs.

2 Likes

Hi Wizzard, many thanks for the info. jack

1 Like

Hi TP-Dracoo, Thanks very much: most helpful. Clearly I need to do a lot more reading. jack

1 Like

Hi All, I really appreciate all the advice and in particular details of google translation. My Reference to protocols being written in Russian was just an expression to illustrate how difficult I find understanding them. I shall def go again with Surfshark and read up on vpn`s generally. thanks again jack

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.