When Will a New NVIDIA SHIELD Device Be Released?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the one I can get on Amazon Canada for $250 while Formuler Canada is $285. Guess I got a decision to make, spend my tax refund on cremation or a new Streaming device. Any takers on which one wins?

6 Likes

all my older boxes with android 9 or 10 work great with tivimate and i have several that i havenā€™t even openedā€¦my newer t95z doesnā€™t work with tivimate to recordā€¦but my older ones with android 9 do?
i record alot of fishing and hunting shows as well as the soaps my GF likes.
sparkle iptv player can work on the newer ones to record
iā€™m going to wait awhile to see what the new buzz tv box can do
and tivimate needs an update to work with the newer android OSā€¦seems the dev got fat and happy and no longer updates it?

1 Like

Works on the shield. Should work on the T95Z as well following the instructions. With X-plore you should be able to grant permissions to access /data and /obb. Wish I had a T95Z to do it and give the steps to everyone. There are lots of articles on doing it even up to droid 14, even ones for the Firesticks.

but isnā€™t the shield only on android 9? maybe thatā€™s why it works on my shield but my t95 is on android 12 hence doesnā€™t work

Nope. Up to 11. But I have a device on 14 working just fine.

I have 2 T95Zā€™s 6+ years old running Android 7. Rarely record anything but no problems in Tivimate when Iā€™ve had to

Well Google has now joined the ranks of Amazon. New update has now disabled the ability to uninstall updates to the files app. So now that makes things even harder. So waiting for the real brainiacs out there to figure this out, AGAIN. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I always install files by google as a backup to xplore. :+1:

1 Like

not sure but there was a time that files was hard to find or install but when I could get it it solved lotsa issues. Recently tho ive been using stock android and have no issues.

1 Like

bought the z11 pro max about 6 months agoā€¦ takes a little getting used to but really like it!

2 Likes

Troy states in his review that you canā€™t use record to external and have to use the internal storage.

I think it has something to do with the MOL3 not allowing. He also installed Tivimate on the device and I think he said you could record to external using Tivimate. I wonder if Sparkle would work on the device?

Have you tried doing any recordings and is there a workaround to get recording to an external using MOL3.

Not a big deal, but on those rare occasions it would be nice to have a workaround in place.

Iā€™ve never tried mol3 and that is the big question. For now Iā€™m in a watch and wait mode because I cant get a definite answer to questions. I always record to local (lan) storage.

This MOL3 is being talked about by many, as the new king of the hill toppling Tivimate from its pedestal. Dunno, but just as Nvidia has stopped doing any updates of late, as Tivimate is not either.

Meaning both will be replaced eventually by more hungry developers and manufacturers.

MOL3 gif

1 Like

Hello @Powerfader hopefully I didnā€™t misspeak somewhere on this. It is the opposite for Formuler. You can only record to external, not internal on Formuler devices. Seems like their recording is top notch and works EXTREMELY well in my testing. Probably best recording Iā€™ve seen in any IPTV app.

6 Likes

Ok, thanks. I probably got the info backwards. Anyway, I will be getting the Formuler Z11 Pro Max BT1 at the end of this month. Iā€™m excited to try out the MOL3 player.

Found this little tidbit of info, ā€œtime shift doesnā€™t work without externalā€.

I think I read somewhere recently Nvidia is the first TRILLION dollar corp. Basically, because of AI

Powerfader let us know how the recording works and what you recorded to, USB stick Nas Etcā€¦

2 Likes

A new Shield should have more internal storage and full access to the Google Playstore.