When Will a New NVIDIA SHIELD Device Be Released?

Nvidia is actually valued at north of 2 trillion - yes, credited largely to their Ai component.

1 Like

Many of the apps in the general catalog of the Play Store isn’t coded or optimized for the Android TV OS. That’s why you’ll likely never see the full catalog as long as a TV OS is utilized.

Thanks Miki.
I am gonna check out that FV File Manager app. It might be worth a go.

This might be a dumb question but…
Why do some of the Z11 Pro deals advertised on Amazon come with a magnetic car holder?

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: not really sure but im guessing in case you lose the z11 box you can use this to keep the phone handy to call the police to report it missing :crazy_face:
saywhut

7 Likes

TiVimate just released version 5.0 which is a major release and not a minor

The same reason some drive thru ATMs have Braile…

1 Like

Anyone have issues with the “Live” header with for Goggle TV with the Nvidia TV box? Mine shows up, then disappears as an option in the headers for some reason? Anyone know why it does this and how to fix it? Enquiring minds would like to know… Thxs.

Don’t spend money on cremation…just have family over and have a backyard bonfire instead…Viking style!!! Go for the streaming box…LOL!!!

2 Likes

TV boxes are only as good as your internet provider. Or is this incorrect?

It is sorta- kinda correct, but the ISP is only a part of the equation. Keep reading here to get more insight. Also, what device do you have or are looking to obtain? What speed internet do you have? Is it wired (cable or Fiber) or wireless (AT&T, TMobile, etc)? Lots of parameters and scenarios involved (including budget) to be able to make a solid recommendation for you.

1 Like

Hi, no actual problems here since we hooked up with Starlink. Still using all the same old devices and as long as we clean the cache once a day all works well.

We have 13 devices with 5 running all at the same time. Now we used to have problems with all other providers even when running 1 device.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Formuler Z11 Pro Max Review

I don’t even think the 2019 Shield/Pro was the cream of the crop. The 2017 Pro version with actual upgradeable storage was where it was at. I personally pick up as many of the Pro version for both personal use and/or resell as possible when I find them at a good price. Paired with a Samsung 870 EVO or QVO 2TB 2.5 internal drive, there’s nothing, IMHO that comes close to it. I have a docking/cloning station which makes this very easy.

If nVidia were to come out with a new device, I’d personally like to see it paired with a new, exclusive to that device processor, GPU, and ability to house one or two gen 4/5 nmve 2280 SSD, up to 4TB each. You’d literally never need anything else. Since nVidia doesn’t force bloatware on you, you can pretty much delete or disable anything you don’t want. With the ability to access NAS, you’re never short on storage.

With a newer, quality SSD as per mentioned above, my units have approximately a 10-12 second boot time, and that includes also reading an additional class 10 micro SD card for a choice of storage options. I personally use the card for backups and the SSD for downloads.

I haven’t seen or used an Android box that comes close and there are far too many brands out there with no brand recognition, mass producing boxes and then exiting the marketplace. To me, anything you have to go to some random site and order directly from China, isn’t anything I’m banking on. I only buy trusted brands that have had sustained history in the market.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a company like ASUS make an entry to the market. They make high end gaming PCs, laptops, and Android phones, that are all capable of streaming and gaming up to 144Hz. They could really force nVidia to stay current, and we the consumers would benefit, because the supply would be there, and we’d see some oneupsmanship between the two. As of right now, nVidia isn’t forced to put anything out, because they have no close competition.

1 Like

No Need to go to a Random site for the Chinese Boxes. I have 2 6+ year Old T95Z Plus Boxes (Made in China) that I purchased from Amazon and the 4K ONN (Made in China) from Walmart and these boxes all work great for Streaming VOD and IPTV

The reason why you probably won’t see another Shield is because this part of their business is very inconsequential and probably less than 1/10 of 1% of their Revenues. NVDA is all about producing GPU’s for Generative AI. I would bet that nobody on the executive team at NVDA even knows about the Shield

3 Likes

I know a lot of real techies are lost without something new, whether it makes much difference over a current device. I use my Shield pro along with a 512gb thumb drive and ethernet connection to a 1000mbps internet connection. Tivimate with a good provider and Syncler plus a few apps to make it all run smoothly and I wonder what more anyone might be missing.
I realize, of course, that in the words of Madonna from the movie Dick Tracy, “Something is better than nothing, but nothing is better than MORE”

1 Like

If they came out with something significantly better than the Pro I would have a hard time not buying it on day 1. :slightly_smiling_face: :

1 Like

They had so many problems with the last update may be the reason they are hesitant to update again .

The buzztv 6,as what I’ve seen the 16gb ram version is all in black and the 8gb version is top black and bottom green

I think maybe you have that reversed. The all black is 8GBs of RAM and the Green Monster is 16.

1 Like