When I click on Kodi, it try’s to load but keeps going back to the Home Screen?

Anyone else have this problem?

Hello @Finigan I’ve seen this happen for a few reasons. 1. Low on storage. Make sure that your storage isn’t almost full. If so, uninstall some apps to free up space. 2. You updated Kodi to a new version such as going from 18.9 to 19.1 with a Build installed where the skin isn’t compatible. When updating with a Build installed, we always suggest changing the skin back to default Estuary before updating. 3. Try restarting your device and see if that helps. 4. Try clearing Kodi cache by going into Settings / Apps / Manage Apps / Kodi / Delete Cache. Don’t delete data as that will reset Kodi back to default settings. Hopefully one of these works for you.

I uninstalled a few apps that we were not using and that cleared up the problem. It was a space issue. Come to think of it, I was getting warnings but ignored them to date. Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, it happens pretty frequently.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

even with a vpn no matter what build i use on the Kodi 20.2 it starts up lets me pick a movie and then it kicks me out. Can anyone help. I’ve tried Xenon, Superman, Plutonium and nothing works. The firestick just kicks me out of kodi

check space on stick

I would not recommend using builds with kodi while using a firestick. Instead look into installing 4-5 add-ons that you really enjoy.

My second suggestion is to use a premium hoster platform like Real Debrid, All Debrid, or Premiumize. Don’t rely on only free streams within Kodi.

Last and most importantly look into creating an advanced settings file within Kodi to prevent buffering issues.