What's Your Favorite Movie of 2023?

Tell us what your favorite movie of 2023 was?

When I look back on the year I honestly can’t say that I watched anything that made an impression. Hopefully, I will get some good recommendations here.

Happy New Year to all of you TROYPOINT Insiders!

9 Likes

Oppenheimer is the only one that stands out

4 Likes

A millions miles away

5 Likes

Creed 3 and equalizer 3 and guardians of the galaxy 3 few of my favorites of the year

Equalizer 3

7 Likes

The Holdovers

1 Like

sound of freedom

11 Likes

Fallen Leaves by Aki Kaurismäki

Only a hand few worth watching IMHO.

7 Likes

Equalizer 3

3 Likes

I, too, had no favorites for 2023. I watch a lot of movies also. I thought most movies were targeted at kids this year. I only selected one 2023 DVD for my movie collection. That was ‘Love at First Sight’ with Haley Lu Richardson, Ben Hardy, Rob Delaney. The plot was not very plausible but the other movie attributes were OK (Cinematography, acting, script, direction etc.).
It held my interest and I thought it was entertaining.
My Favorite Movie is still Blade Runner for it’s love of life and Roy’s farewell speech.

2 Likes

Oppenheimer another is worth to watch is [

Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

3 Likes

Oppenheimer. Riveting! Conveyed physics, and politics in a comprehensible way. Acting was outstanding.

1 Like

I only saw a few of the most talked about flicks this year, but for me “Otto” was without a doubt my favorite. A display of the amazing versatility of Tom Hanks.

8 Likes

For me Top Gun Maverick was best both visually and audio hands down.

14 Likes

The Holdovers.

The Burial was second for us.

1 Like

Best movie ive watched recently comes all the way from 1983 and not 2023 :joy:

Trading Places (1983) - IMDb

3 Likes

Sound of Freedom

Equalizer 3

Mission Impossible part 1

3 Likes

Speaking of that genre, friends suggested we watch “Love Actually”. Twenty year old movie but it was new to us…and cute and entertaining. Many stars in it and it may become a holiday tradition.