What's Going on With the Color in Kodi?

Watching programs the colors have a pink, green and blue tint recently in both Seren and The Crew. What could possibility be causing this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Only in Kodi, I assume? Everything else is good?

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with 4K links doing that , have never had a problem with 1080 or lower. Not sure of the cause but it hasn’t happened in my Umbrella addon.

1 Like

Are you checking the links and seeing if they are combatable to your tv? Sounds like Dolby vison your trying to play and your tv does not support it.

1 Like

Purple and green are Dolby Vision files. The regular version of Kodi does not support it because it is proprietary. The Crew addon does not label which streams are Dolby Vision files. But you can definitely tell which ones are not if they say HDR.

There are forks of Kodi that independent developers manage that do play Dolby Vision files if your TV supports it, such as Maven’s build. But they are updated frequently and can be buggy.

If you want an addon that does label Dolby Vision files, I know Seren is one.

3 Likes

Thank you for that explanation i had forgot about kodi and DV files. However if you use a external player it should play DV files while using kodi last i checked.

So I should look for a stream that is HDR? Or 1080 or lower?

If your TV supports HDR, yes. A stream will either be HDR, DV, or neither. I’m not sure what happens if you try to play an HDR stream on a TV that doesn’t support it.

Pick another link…it’s often the cause from a foreign source…only happens on seren never have that issue with Cinema

1 Like

If you are in 4k it does that try it in 1080

1 Like

I get this on Cinema HD sometimes. Not as often as the wrong movie for the title but sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.