What is best android tv box to buy, how much storage, speed

Want to upgrade to larger android box or would recommend Fire stic

There are several very good quality pure android boxes to choose from, all under $100. They are A95X Max, Yagala T95Q, X96 Max, X96S Mini (stick). All come with 4 gbs of RAM and at least 32 gbs of internal memory. All come with either android 8.1 or android 9.0. They are available off Amazon or Gearbest websites. More expensive but also very good quality are Nvidia Shield and Skystream 3 Plus. What ever one you choose, these all work best with an optional air mouse keyboard remote control.

2 Likes

All depends on what you want to do. If you want to download lots of films etc then android box is your best bet. If you just want to stream I would go 4K Firestick every time.

1 Like

Through the years I have used about 10 different devices. I have never regretted buying my Nvidia Shield. I recently added a SanDisc 256GB USB drive for more storage. The performance is worth the extra dollars. Money is replaceable but time is not.

1 Like

The NVIDIA SHIELD is the premier box for this hobby. Google it and see what you think. No other box compares…

1 Like

I have been running with the FireTV, 2nd gen for some time now. Considering upping to Nvidia Shield. Besides the larger internal hard drive and RAM, can anyone point out any other major differences. Any thing I might need to know with the initial setup.
Also I read somewhere that the newer units have no Micro slots. I assume there are USB ports?
Thx in advance!

I have two Amazon Fire TVs, and two nVidia Shield TV boxes. I’d DEFINITELY recommend the Shield, if you want to increase your storage space, as the Fire TV box is very limited, in that respect, plus, the Shield TV’s performance is top notch!!!

2 Likes

Is NVIDIA SHIELD even better the New Fire Cube? I believe Troy said it would not play high def in Nextflix or Amazon Prime movies. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

MaverickCoast is the Shield easy to set up? I currently have the Fire TV 4K device. Any tips or tricks appreciated.

Super easy. Lots of apps and such to use on it. Search YouTube and Google it, and you can get some ideas, on different ways people set theirs up. It’s behaves like a typical Android box, but with higher end specs and better storage.

2 Likes

have firestick 4k, same problem, thinking of switching to the new firecube, lots more storage, only problem I haven’t got £110.00 off the bat, was considering the £22.00 per month option interest free or wait till black Friday to see if there are any special offers on.

Thanks MaverickCoast!

1 Like

The monthly optiom will work. Follow your dreams. For me. waiting is a bummer.

1 Like

NVidia Shield! Read Troys recent review on the item which I believe is a very fair assessment, then read the comments from users. If $$$ are your main driving point, you probably want to stick with a stick or cube. But if it isn’t, the the Shield is the only way to go.