What Is Amazon Project Kuiper? Will It Be Better Than Starlink?

What Is Amazon Project Kuiper? Will It Be Better Than Starlink?
https://www.makeuseof.com/what-is-amazon-project-kuiper/

Hate to get further in there hooks but lets see what comes of it!

In a quick read looks like they’re only going to launch 3000 satellites Plus or minus. It’ll be mostly Over our northern hemisphere. I’m kind of curious what launch vehicles are going to use. Musk is supposed to launch what 12,000 satellites worldwide.? I give Elon Musk a lot of credit there ain’t nobody else on this planet that’s able to launch a rocket and have the booster land and reuse it. Not even those China duplicate copycats can do that.! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I don’t trust anything about Amazon! Think how forces people to use ONLY what Amazon deems fit. What if Amazon applies that some mindset to their Project Kuiper. Would they eventually limit what can and cannot be streamed or viewed?

1 Like

agree, basically its a closed system. I am a prime member but mainly for easy returns. I like to try gadgets out and since Troy wont send me any hand me downs :joy:…I must improvise :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have one of their Fire HD 10 Tablets, but I was fortunate and was able to do that Fire Toolbox modification and got rid of 98% of anything Amazon.

I also, started out with those FS and had about 5 of them. Gave 4 away to friends and kept one for reasons unknown! lol

Don’t get me wrong. I think their products are okay for the purpose they serve, but I don’t lie how Amazon prohibits the buyer from using it how he/she wishes.

2 Likes

yea I have 2 old firesticks in a drawer somewhere. I hear they are much better now…but I moved on. I have 1 10" fire tablet that is fairly new that I added the playstore and removed most of the bloat. Actually the home screen on the tablet doesnt bother me too much. I use it to watch tivimate and a few games. Im watching black friday cause im thinking of grabing another 10" tablet and turning it into a weather station.

You guys dislike Amazon and I feel the same way about googleTV. Awkward to use less tools than a FireTV, limitations growing daily and all around not a good experience. I absolutely love the flexibility of AmazonTV, don’t find anything that limits what I can or can’t do and ppl always complain about ads, and I can never figure out why, as I don’t see any on my Max. Now going to watch a vid about a guy who added a 2 terrabyte drive to it successfully. Always things to learn. To each their own.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say dislike more than I just prefer androidtv over amazon fire sticks. Actually deep down I prefer stock android but that just comes from my preference for open source products. Over the years ive seen how “big” this or that can really screw a good thing up(windows)… Amazon makes great products imho. I use alexa for my daily radio shows :+1:

3 Likes

Ahh yes stock Android is the one OS I’ve not had a chance to test run. Maybe some day if the FireTV devices ever get to the point where I can’t do stuff like sideloading, I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

Your TV is broke :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m a recovering TVphile! lol

lol. I think your full recovery maybe delayed. You joined Troypoint, so I’m afraid recovery maybe out of the question.

That’s what my therapist said, too!

1 Like