What don’t you like about Nividia Shield?

Good morning J. You mentioned that Firefox isn’t made for tv. That confuses me as there are apks for Fire TV, Fire OS and Android. So I have the Mecool KM2 and firestick, does that mean I can’t load Firefox onto either of those and use it on my TV? I’m especially trying to get a Silk equivalent on the KM2 and I’m not paying for Puffin.

2 Likes

Mozilla made and labeled the app specifically as “Firefox for Fire TV”. They developed it specifically for Amazon compatibility.

No matter what device you are using to access the Google Play store, the app is only going to show up in the app store if the developer has marked your specific device as compatible. Since the Firefox app is only marked as compatible for Fire TV, it is not going to show up on an Nvidia Shield. However, we know that the app works just the same and we can sideload the APK.

So it’s not a problem with the device… it’s a problem with the developers money grubbing.

And I apologize, it has been a long time since I looked into Firefox. Used to be back in the day you could only get the APK that belonged to android phones and sideload it. You would have to use an air mouse to do anything with it. Using a regular remote control would not work well.

Ya I’m not concerned about any app stores as I can’t even get things like airy or pluto anyway, so I sideload almost everything. My main focus is finding a good browser that I can load on the KM2 and get functionality like Silk provides on the firestick. So far all have failed, and I mean ALL, so someone suggested trying Firefox. Ok thanks for your help.

Me too! I have yet to run into that issue.

1 Like

I guess a Ford Focus will get you to where you want, but a Maserati will get there faster with style! lol

1 Like

Ya unfortunately a Ford Focus is all that is available. So I walk.

1 Like

well i dont know bout faster thats a driver thing with style ok got me there

1 Like

LOL! Yeah, I drive a dented 2012 Mitz Outlander, but it runs flawlessly and it’s paid for. I bought it new in 2013 and have less than 24K miles on it (retired). To be honest, I don’t think it’s worth having. Uber would probably be cheaper on the average! if I needed a vehicle to travel I could rent one!

$$$ Insurance
$$ Gas
$ Maintenance

1 Like

jeep wranglers here mine 2012 wifes 2018 4 dr

Almost bought a new vehicle a couple of years ago. Then I came to my senses! LOL

bought the wifes 2018 last yr with 7500 miles on it hardly used is the way to go

I just don’t want to go to my grave as a soccer mom car as my last vehicle! LOL!

What just happened here? LOL

see you need a jeep wrangler

1 Like

I need a life!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe Review & Setup Video