New MECOOL KM2 PLUS Deluxe Review & Setup Video

Thank you. I hope anyone here can provide his experience on running Kodi on this device.

Hi again. I noticed that, my box will shutdown everyday, it never goes to sleep (standby mode). I checked the settings and it is set to set to “sleep” in the standby mode definition. Any solution to this? I don’t want the box to restart everyday.
The box is on firmware Android build: RTT0.210829.002.C3.0.7_20231222 release-keys.

Thanks.

Couple of things of note on this box, the main one being some UK apps don’t appear to be licenced for use on it (BBC iPlayer and ITVX both show errors). Its not a VPN issue as I’m in the UK.

Secondly, not yet convinced it can auto switch refresh rates. Plex on the Shield is flawless as is Streamio at matching the frame rate of content. I can’t yet get the box to play ball in this area.

Hopefully can be fw fixes but no Shield killer, yet!

1 Like

Troy said he was going to do a follow up video on the mecool km2 plus deluxe. Anyone know if it is coming?

Nah, the Onn box is the best Shield competition :laughing::laughing::laughing:

On the MeCool does it allow you to pause and fast forward? I don’t have that on my MeCool remote.

The mecool. is not able to pause or fast forward live TV

Yes you can. Just because the remote doesn’t have those buttons you can still do those things. While video is playing push OK button on remote then use playback bar to move where you want to go.

1 Like

I ordered the McCool KM2 PLUS Deluxe on February 4, 2024, and still haven’t received it. My order number is mecool179632024. Can Troypoint help me out please?

I don’t think Troy can. I suspect you will have to contact the supplier that you purchased from.

Expect slow shipping from China and remember the Chineese newyear just ended on feb 24th and nothing happns during that…so be patient.

so suddenly I have a issue I am getting an error from play protect saying it would not let xcpe app load. this only happens on my km2 plus deluxe no issue on my shield pro anyone have any idea what it could be ?

Turn play protect off. I stopped using it a long time ago.

Before I turn it off I would like to know what xcpe does any idea ?

I recommend that you do a google search as this seems to be a hot topic across the net.
xcpe is an application from Mecool that records your activity.
As for the exact details and how to use ADB to stop this behaviour it seems to be very controversial.

I did a search but not great results but it was sparse and all over the place I would ask Mecool but they have never answered me about questions with the box since I have had it. the box suddenly reboots itself every 3 hrs or so Mecool must have sent out an update recently or my box is just a problem.

Oh there are dozens of posts about this going back 10 months. I read through 10 threads and then gave up as I don’t have a KM2 anymore. I gave it away to a kid who couldn’t afford one.
Focus on Reddit for your search.

I did try yahoo maybe that is my problem I will give google a try. thanks.

I just seen this on Twitter - X. It’s for the MECOOL KM2.
https://twitter.com/Mecooltvbox/status/1763158778198073698?t=kXfv20utQch21MrlUm9Gng&s=19

I was contacted about the WiFi problem this week from Mecool tech support. Be looking for a software update for the Plus Deluxe soon, too.