What do you use as your primary streaming device?

I usually use one of the 16 TV screens at the Moose or Eagles. lol :beers:

2 Likes

Better than meā€¦I think them submarine guys must be having a blast with my ugoos box :grimacing: :angry: :rowing_man:

1 Like

I purchased the buzz box 4900 with tivimate. I love it. Fast and very little buffering. Wolf launcher was already installed. I the had formuler Z8 for a couple of years, which was a good box. Also I can add up to 2 TB SATA drive for recording if I chose to do that.

3 Likes

I have been using firestick and firestick TV for about 3 years now
Will update when it becomes necessary. Benn quite happy with
a few small problems that I have fixed thanks to Troy and Troypoint

1 Like

I use the Firestick 4k, wirh the cord a 7-port hub and approx 1.5 gigs. Iā€™ve had nothing but problems. I burned out one and my second wonā€™t take abd directly. Iā€™ve got plenty on it, over 1,000 channels. And then the router ac1000, which has problems sending 8 feet across a room. Help.

1 Like

hmmm, Think this might need to have its own threadā€¦ but for starters is your 7 port hub a gigabit hub?

My original Firestick stopped working because it ran out of room with the latest interface upgrade. I changed over to MeCool KM7, and so far, I am loving it. Canā€™t wait for my FireTV to crap out so I can change it to another device. As easy as the Fire devices are to operate, the marketing garbage and all the nuisance pushed content, Iā€™m over Amazon devices.

5 Likes

Anyone buy the new Sky stream Max? I currently use a Mibox but looking for another box thatā€™s not a Sheild.

1 Like

I have a SkyStream Pro and really like it. I have had it for almost two years and have had zero problems with it. It loads anything I want easily, plays perfectly, has plenty of RAM and lots of free space. From what I have read, the Max doesnā€™t ship until March. SkyStream is only taking pre-orders at this time.

2 Likes

X96 Max using my 5G ASUS router works great,never any buffering

1 Like

FireTV Cube and Firestick 4K Max

2 Likes

Be sure to read Troyā€™s unbiased and new review of the Ugoos AM 7. This will give other Troypoint members and subscribers a true indication of just how good these Ugoos devices are. I have had an AM 6 model for over 2 years and recently bought the AM 6B Plus (top rated by TV Box Stop in 2021), for my primary streaming device. These Ugoos devices are the real deal performance wise and the updates, along with customer support is excellent.

4 Likes

Did TP just do a review, or is this an old one?

Just did it on the AM 7. I have The top rated AM 6 Plus. You can still get that one off Amazon for $199.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using the sky stream 2 and the sky stream 3 theyā€™ve been working great for me. I donā€™t update unless you really have to.

I use my phone Samsung S10 with all kinds of apk and I use Samsungā€™s Dex with a HDMI Cable it can also be used wireless but I rather use the HDMI cable for the stability.I also use VPN Maser And VPN One touch for my mobile hotspot :fire:

1 Like

I was using a MeCool KM9 pro with Android 9. I ran into problems when I instalted the Android 10 update. After that I was unable to save downloaded files to either the SD card or the USB drive.
I found this to be a major restriction and have stopped using the Mecool altogether. Iā€™m currently downloading files using Cinema with the Nox emulator on a PC. I then save the downloaded files onto a USB drive and then plug that directly into the Samsung Smart TV and play from there.
The only problem with Nox is the nuisance adverts which interfere with download process.
Iā€™m currently researching an alternative to the Nox/PC set up. Maybe download onto nn Android tablet and save the files onto a USB drive and then use that in the TV as Iā€™m currently doing.
I think I made a mistake in buying the Samsung TC. Perhaps I should have bought an Android smart TV.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using the T95Z Plus Android boxes for years. 4Gb RAM, 32GB ROM, Ethernet/USB Micro SD ports, plenty of room for anything I want at a cost just above the 4K Firestick and not tied to Amazon

Unwanted ads, bloatware, and update prompts on the Home Screen as well as limitations of apps you can install without side loading are part of the negatives of the Android TV operating system. After owning several Android TV devices, I switched to open android instead and am very satisfied with the flexibility and ease of downloading a wide variety of apps of my own choosing. You may want to check out the Reviews and comments regarding Ugoos android devices here on Troypoint or other reviews on Utube and consider one of these instead of what you are stuck with in terms of the limited App Store offerings on most smart tvs.

3 Likes

NVidia Shield x 2. Bought 2 new ones recently and gave the older ones to my kids.