Web Browser for Fire Cube

Good, solid choices. Probably the most used browser on Android is Chrome because that’s what comes with it. Just like back in the day Internet Explorer was the most used browser because it came with your shiny new Windows 95 computer. :grinning:

1 Like

I keep waiting on a stable librewolf for android. Its what I use on my desktop…librewolf is firefox hardened, and most secure. But so far no one has been serious enough to develop it.

PrivacyTests.org: open-source tests of web browser privacy
https://privacytests.org/

1 Like

Oh man, I was a hardcore Pale Moon user back in the day, if you remember that Firefox offshoot. I would be interested in seeing librewolf, haven’t heard of it until now.

1 Like

LibreWolf

3 Likes

Thanks for the link, was just about to go google it.

1 Like

Agreed. Combined with a VPN Brave provides great security. Mozilla is my 2nd choice.

No one has mentioned Proton. If Proton is used with a browser, Proton recommends only Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera.

Proton works great with firefox or librawolf. The ones you mentioned are all variations of chrome much like vivaldi. Chrome appears easier to build from but stock is least secure but then its a google product at the core and they dislike privacy no matter what they say :joy:

I have Proton on my Max along with the Silk browser. Works flawlessly and is optimized for FireTV OS.

1 Like

Hey good day; I know this is a late post but I tried Jio pages on my Google with TV and it won’t install. Says it’s not compatible. Tried the suggested steps but was still unsuccessful. Any assistance further?

I use JioPages on 2 different google certified android boxes…Mecool & ONN & it works great. Not sure why it wouldn’t work on a google smart tv system…maybe uninstall…reboot everything & get the browser from another source…like APKPure or Unlinked. :cowboy_hat_face: