Walmart’s new 11-inch Android tablet

Unlike other budget Android tablets made primarily from plastic, the onn 11 Tablet Pro features a metal chassis

I picked this budget Android tablet over the Fire Max 11 — and it really surprised me | Tom’s Guide

1 Like

It sounds good until you read the part where he says he had to return his first 2 Onn tablets because they both had problems and he’s now on his 3rd. Would make me a little gunshy about purchasing.

1 Like

Yep, good thing with buying a tablet at walmart is you can return it. Buy something on alieexpress and forget about returning because you have to pay shipping :crazy_face:

This is true. Amazon is very good about return purchases too. But I don’t know that I would have the patience to return 2 faulty tablets and wait for a 3rd time lucky. :rofl:

Initial problem seems to have been a software glitch that has been fixed with subsequent updates. 2nd one wss a stuck pixel. It’s not like Amazon Fire Tablets and sticks have never had a problem, especially on initial introduction.

1 Like

Yes I read that. But would you feel confident buying the product when the reviewer himself said it took 3 tablets before he got one that was without issue (so far)? It doesn’t exactly instill a vote of confidence. Imagine if you ordered a Shield and the first one had a problem and you had to send it back. Then the second one also had a problem and you had to send it back.

Yes, I would feel confident buying the ONN tablet now. It is not unusual for the 1st issue or production run of a product to have minor glitches. Wal-Mart fully backed up the product and even better, you can drive there and exchange, no mail in necessary.

It is not my practice to buy the 1st of anything. If a new Shield Pro comes out tomorrow and I want one, I’ll still wait until I’m confident the kinks are worked out.

While I completely agree with you and the theory about not buying the first model out, especially true for cars trucks and any vehicles…I think the tablet model the reviewer got is the same model that is currently on sale and stocked up in stores. I believe he said he started testing it a week ago and the article is dated with today’s date. So I’m not sure that you would get an improved second edition. Perhaps the software update would be pulled and completely rewritten, but not a certainty.

I read the article differently. The 1st tablet was fine, the software update caused the problem. The 2nd tablet was either defective, damaged, dropped or abused in shipment. The 3rd tablet was just like the 1st tablet, just downloaded the corrected software update. No 2nd edition just update corrections. And, Yes, I would buy the 1st tablet now that the software update is fixed. Pays to wait.

1 Like

I like the tablet, and the price. Everything looks good. But I’m gonna keep waiting.

1 Like

No sense mashing on rocks to make mashed potatoes :joy:… Personally i’m sure its a good tablet and best advice is wait a bit for the kinks to get worked out.
askmiki

2 Likes