Walmart onn reset

yes the little button on the box next to the light does in fact work. i had to use it on one of my onn boxes last week. hold it for 3 seconds and the screen to pair a new remote comes up on the screen. no need to remove batteries :grinning:

1 Like

yeah i had to pair a remote on one of my onn boxes last week using that button and nothing was erased. wonder what he did differently. maybe if you press the button 2 times it goes to factory reset? i’ll have to make sure not to do that .

Couldn’t find any info on factory reset in the box manual…but did see the hold button for 3 seconds if remote pairing fails. Like most boxes, factory reset is in the Settings…but if Sandman says his reset by playing with the little button…that’s something you definitely need to be aware of. Maybe someone will talk to ONN support & find out…one of these days. :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe Troy! could figure out the best way to reset the remote and do a video on it, sure wasn’t the way I did it lol

2 Likes

You reset it by going into Settings/Device Preferences/About/Factory Reset…that’s not the problem…it’s if the button can also be used to reset & you accidentally do it when you’re just re-pairing the remote. You said you lost all your apps, so you were back to square one, out of the box mode when you got done…right? The question is…what did you do with that button that caused the reset… :thinking:

1 Like

What I did was hold the button in on the box until it restarted then when it came back on the screen that popped up read " erasing" then it went to the pairing screen then on to the other setups.

Was it longer than 3 seconds? Can you remember apprx how long before it restarted?

Oh maybe about 5 seconds or so.

OK…good to know…especially if you just want to re-pair & you’ve got a ton of apps & external storage hooked up…yikes if it resets. thnx…

Yeah that’s exactly what I had too! Take care!

My box had a black screen only. I was able to tell it by voice through the remote by to do a reset. It gave instructions. Repeated and a button for settings showed up.

1 Like