Walmart Google TV streaming stick shows up, should be even cheaper than $20

Walmart Google TV streaming stick shows up, should be even cheaper than $20

Walmart to launch an even cheaper Google TV media streamer - Liliputing

Pretty sure I saw a lot of crummy reviews of the android ONN stick they sold for under $15…so hopefully this one is a bit better. And from reading the board here…it looks like they need to tweak their android 12 o/s a skosh so it plays well with other tech. I’ve never had any problems with my older android tv version of the ONN box…altho, as strictly a backup…I don’t use it a lot. :thinking: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

yea, the 1st batch of sticks were pretty bad. I think 1gb ram…maybe 2, cant remember and they ran real hot, buffer city.

Well…it seems like they’ve jumped into the streaming fray head first, so hopefully, they learned something on the previous ones. Nothing at all bad about having some inexpensive alternatives…as long as they perform accordingly. $20 & under is a killer price…kinda’ reminds me of when transistor radios came out & were the big craze…& shortly thereafter, they were giving them away if you opened up a checking account at yer local bank. Transistors got cheap really fast…& so did the tech they put them in.

Yeah for 5 bucks more id definitely go for the box. I still have a handful of the original boxes in my closet that I need to set up and get rid of

My thoughts exactly…when I discovered the original ONN boxes sometime last year I saw the sticks for $13.88 & the boxes for $19.88…took a brief peak at the specs & walked with the box. Always knowing I’d have a 30 day return window, it was a no brainer. Like I said earlier…no complaints…good little box, IMO.

2 Likes

I was a guinnie pig 2 years ago and bout that crappy stick to experiment with. Of course live tv was slow and the device overall lagged. I ended up giving it away with an item I sold on craigslist lol

The world sure as hell doesn’t need another cheap Stick!

1 Like