Walmart 4K onn Streaming device

I have searched, but can’t find the answer to my question, so please excuse me if it is a repeat.

Where is the App Only setting on the onn streaming device? I stumbled on it once when I first got one, but can find it again.

Also, I can not get it to keep using Ethernet after the first time I turn it off and on.
I have used every plug and otg combination I have found in any of these threads. I have 5 boxes and have the same issue with every one. Is this just a bug?

Thank you

If you’re referring to to how to get to apps, click on settings then scroll down to apps.

No, there is a setting that just has the apps visible, not any of the suggested movies and TV shows. Not sure what it’s called.

Not sure exactly what you’re looking for. You can access system apps as well the same way.

I appreciate you trying so hard to help, but I know how to get to the apps.

There is a setting that turns off all the “advertised” movies and TV shows, only leaving apps.

That’s the setting im looking for.

Thanks again.

You can also install a custom launcher, like Projectivy. It gets rid of all of the clutter and you can customize the layout. Keeps it looking clean

The apps only mode on the Chromecast HD and 4k can be found by selecting your profile and select manage, it is a switch at the bottom.
I am doing this from memory so in a hour or so I will be able to verify the above instruction or correct if needed.
The Onn Chromecast clone (I’ll call it the first addition Onn device) does not support the option.

I verified it on the Onn 4k Google TV device as well, click the profile pic, select Manage account, on the right scroll to the bottom.
Second to last item is the Apps Only toggle.

5 Likes

Timwort
I love you.
Thank you very much.

I have been trying to remember where that setting is for a couple weeks.

I set the onn device up for a lot of people and sometimes the secondary launcher goes a little wonky. I just want to make things as worry free as possible.
Thank you again.

1 Like

Awesome! TY for this. I just enabled this and it’s like I have a new Launcher without needing to install a Launcher!

I know, isn’t it great. The problem is, if you don’t know about it, you would never know. Most of the people I set these streaming devices up for are new cord cutters, and do not have a lot of device experienced. The easier I can make it the better it is for all.
Today, Timwort is my hero.

productivy… is awesome and smooth with the onn boxes… i have alot of them onn boxes out there. and it has no ads for them to click on to ask them to pay for something. as long as you do the correct setup… couldn’t ask for a better launcher app… and it comes from the play store!

1 Like

Do you like that launcher better than the Wolf launcher?
Will you tell me, if you know, is there a difference in the 2?

Thank you

Projectivy launcher is very nice. It gets rid of ads, real clean and organized. I use Projectivy on Shield and Onn boxes, works very well.

1 Like