VPN that works with BBC iplayer and ITV hub

Hi everyone, I just signed up today with ipvanish. I have downloaded BBC iplayer and ITV hub. I am in Ontario, Canada. I set server to Glasgow Uk and all other available and video and live tv will not play. Has anyone had luck watching these British apps ? Or can you recommend a VPN that will work?

Nord has been working recently on all the UK apps for me. I generally find that the higher numbered servers work the best. I assume they are newer and haven’t had their IP’s flagged yet.

Your iPlayer account must have a UK address and you have to click that you have a TV license.

Yes I did all that. I will look at Nord.

When you say British apps can you confirm that BBC iplayer and ITV hub will work with Nord?

I use Expressvpn. I had this problem a while ago and complained as did probably a lot of others. It seems to be fixed now.

1 Like

Yes I just logged in and watched shows on iPlayer, itv hub, all4, my5, and tvplayer apps on Nord UK server #2079. I’m in the US.

1 Like

i’m using NordVPN now and I’m able to access via my laptop. Looking for a goby on how to load the necessary apps on my Firestick 4K to watch live BBC and ITV, as well as their streaming platforms.

1. While on a uk server set up an Amazon account.
  2. Download apps from UK Amazon app store.
  3. Set up accounts on I-player, etc with fake uk address
  4. Confirm that you have a valid tv license

You can probably use apk’s also but I used the above method

1 Like

This works best with a separate fire stick for your uk account. It’s easier to switch fire sticks than accounts.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.