VPN Privacy Dot And Surfshark VPN

I enabled the kill switch and disconnected Surfshark VPN but VPN Privacy Dot is still flashing green at me. That doesn’t make sense…

The kill switch should not allow you to access the internet now because the VPN is disconnected. So technically, green still means safe. Green no longer means just safely streaming, it can mean safely locked down too. (If you have a vpn with a kill switch)

1 Like

Ok, that sounds reasonable. So I turned off the kill switch and disconnected from the VPN yet the Privacy Dot still flashes green, which doesn’t give me a ‘warm fuzzy’ feeling☹️.

If it lets you access content while the VPN is off and kill switch is engaged, that is when you need to start worrying. But if that feature does its job, it will still flash green, but will lock down your internet access.

Thanks for the info! Once I rebooted a couple times it then began responding the way I expected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

How often should I restart/refresh connection to a VPN? Just curious. I have a habit of automatically reconnecting after 24 hours but is that necessary?

My VPN and Monitor Dot are on 24/7 and have never had a need to refresh it. When I turn my TV on my device wakes and my VPN and Monitor Dot are set to auto on upon wake up of device. Never had a problem.

2015, 2017, & 2019 Shield Pro

1 Like

I will say that when I used Surfshark on my streaming boxes, I had to restart it at least a couple times a week. Now that I moved to Express, I maybe do it once or twice a month. That is the main reason I made the switch. I can’t be at home watching my family 24/7 to make sure everything is working, I just need it to work.

1 Like

Hello has anyone else noticed in the last few weeks that Surfshark seems to disconnect frequently on it own and sometimes reconnect after a while on its own? But most times have to manually reconnect. I am seeing this disconnect/reconnect with monitor dot.
Last evening it did it at least 4 times. I dont know if its from the latest update. Any thoughts.?

To my point above about SS, this disconnecting was happening on and off for a lot of months before I ended up switching. It was just too much of a liability and I had to do something. I still think they are a good VPN security wise and have nice features, my beef is more targeting its reliability.

Guess it’ll happen here eventually but I’ve had SS for a year and NEVER had that behavior. I’m sure it may happen down the line but not as of yet.

Hopefully it continues to work well for you!