VPN and debrid service

Do you need a VPN if using a debrid service. As I understand it the debrid service is a private server and so the ISP can only see that are connected to a debrid service not what is going across the connection.

Any views?

I never connect to the net without using a VPN. Even when streaming a Real Debrid link or any link for that matter. VPNs like Proton even let you stream through a tor onion server, although it is slower.

1 Like

@ab_tvuser

No you technically dont need one, unless you use stremio, but you should be using a vpn.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. If one is not needed why should it be used?

@ab_tvuser

Well, that question is answered everywhere… any app you use any thing you do on the internet… i strongly suggest getting a vpn.

1 Like

I understand if you want privacy (of some sort) for various apps. But specifically for the movie and series streaming services what is the benefit of using one?

Security and safety. You can’t be traced back to your home IP address or traced. Makes it nearly impossible to hack into your system and obtain any personal info.

1 Like

@ab_tvuser

Go on the mainwebsite

Troypoint.com, every page describes why you need one.

1 Like

I am aware that is an option but I am trying to find information from a source that is not financially rewarded for promoting their use.

I clearly indicated why you should use a VPN briefly and concisely and I certainly don’t receive any compensation financially or otherwise.

@ab_tvuser

We are not financially promoted to tell you why you should use a vpn.

Dont want to use one then dont. Tons of reasons why you should. And lots of options on vpns.

1 Like

Do a search on the web for vpn advantages.

@ab_tvuser