Verizon 5g home Internet

I was gonna say…give it a day or two…if like my experience you will not be so overly enthused. I Tried and Tried but never Cried…like you… Back to whence it came… ditto sir: I dont play.

2 Likes

Well I look at it like this, day 1 was great(mostly), wake up day 2 - 5-8 speed? yes slow as hell compared to day 1 near 300. Not a good average to start out. If re-boots are required daily to fix that, to me thats a no-go and bad sign. Guess im spoiled with my gig internet from xfinity. My xfinity is only $60/month unlimited data and gig speed.

1 Like

Man that’s awesome price and speed for Xfnity. My daughter has the 10 gig, but I cant get it here (only a half- mile away) due to being in Spectrums grip. Ive got 600mbps down business and its not bad, but still too expensive. Im signed up for 2 gig fiber when they roll it out (supposedly, right?) in the fall . Stream on Brother and stay safe out there!

1 Like

Was it not really free? I mean, you wouldn’t send back something that was free, right? :astonished:

2 year contract for “free” if you jumped thru all the hoops. When I questioned a few people on the phone I got silence or not sure how that is answers. So too good to be true is about right. I think I could have managed about $30/month but nothing was certain. Too many questions and not enough answers.

2 Likes

In that case, yeah, I would’ve sent it back too. Free usually always comes with some sort of a catch.

1 Like

Okay, in December I dropped hard lined internet service from ATT for the Verizon 5G service as it is unlimited. But now I have a problem that I have not had before. During December my two IPTV services worked fine using TiviMate and Smarters (on the FS 4K Maxx, the ONN, and a google tv). Middle of this month, all I get is buffering from both services whether the VPN is on or off. All other paid services are working just fine. I tried both IPTV services on my phone, connected to wifi and it just buffers, over the cell wifi they work just fine.

Any idea how to fix this? How could Verizon even figure this out if I always use a VPN. I am at a loss and internet providers in my old neighborhood are sparse, only 2 hard lines to choose from, both running on underground lines installed in the 70’s, hence my change.

Make sure in tivimate settings>>playback, set buffer to high, audio decoder to hardware, video to hardware, auto frame rate to off, amlogic fix to on. Under Playlist, select playlist>>>extream Codes Parameters>>>output format…will be one of 2 settings. HLS or mpeg-ts. Try switching to the other and try playback.

Also 5g routers need to be near a window hopefully in general direction of a tower.

In my area Verizon first advertise 300 download. Now it’s down to 75 since they got a lot of customers connected.

thank you. I will try some of the changes you recommended as I have not tried them yet. Last night I was getting near 60 download but still received some buffering.