Utility Apps for Nvidia or Firestick

Wondering if anyone has favorites for Firestick and Nvidia utility apps? 1 Click app closing, Downloading APKs, etc. Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t run anything Amazon but on Shield Pro and KM2 there are a few places I’ve poked around. Of course the Troypoint Toolbox has great APK’s. I use Downloader, Google Play Store as well as I’ve looked around Apitoide and have used Unlinked on my Z10 Pro Max

2 Likes

Downloader/
background apps and processes list/
fast task killer/
Analiti/
ESFile Explorer/
Malwarebytes/

3 Likes

Nvidia:

Aurora Store w/full Play Store setup.

X-plore
X-plore File Manager - Apps on Google Play

Dr. Web
Dr.Web Security Space - Apps on Google Play

Cache Cleaner
TDUK APP Cache Cleaner - Apps on Google Play

App Killer (when it becomes available in the next few days)

VPN ~ Surfshark with the Monitor Dot

I use these apps on an as need basis.
Send Anywhere
Mouse Toggle for Android
Set Orientation
Button Mapper
Downloader
TV App Repo
TP Toolbox
Analiti

I have these on my Shield but will most likely eliminating in the near future because they will be redundant with the above replacement.
*DefSquid
*SD Maid
*Virus Total
*Background Apps and Process List
*Fast Task Killer

Almost forgot. this is not an app on your device but is a fantastic app to have on your phone or tablet to help aid you with your Nvidia.
NVIDIA SHIELD TV - Apps on Google Play

3 Likes

Does the TDUK App Cache killer also close all the open apps at once?

If not, then I would think that the Device Preferences>Storage>Cached Apps will do the same thing in Shield without adding another app and saving space?

2 Likes

Not the Cache Cleaner app. It only clears all cache. He has an App Killer app that is still pending in the Google Play Store. The App Killer app will close all running apps except for your systems apps.

When Google finally approves the app. It will become available for general use.

True, the Nvidias have an easy way to clear all cache, too. However, I found using his app is a bit more convenient and tend to clear cache more often because of the convenience.

Btw, I have 256 gig of extra space. Not too concerned about saving space.

App killer is now live

:grinning:

3 Likes

Love the app but really needs a feature to exclude certain apps. For instance, I use the button mapper to remap my Netflix button to boot my Surfshark. Now I have to go into my Nvidias setting to Accessibility and enable the Button Mapper. I use my Mouse Toggle on a regular basis but now I have to go again into Accessibility to enable that app, to. Also, I have a couple of apps that are made for a mobile device even though they work on my Nvidias, but I have to use the Set Orientation app to force them appear horizontal. So I have to open that app up again and reset it to landscape. Not to mention that it closes out my VPN and Dot. So now I must reopen those apps again each time I do use the App Killer.

Don’t get me wrong. I love this app and it does a fantastic job of force closings my apps. I just think it really needs a feature to whitelist apps you do not want to be closed. Then the app is prefect!

But for less than the cost of a beer. I can clear cache and force close all apps within about 3-5 seconds.

4 Likes

In a perfect world (I’ve been looking for it, but where is it?) TDUK would have the white list for closing background apps and combine that with the cache cleaner all in one app. I’d stand in line for that one.

I fully agree! These two apps were meant for each other and should be combined into one app. However, I believe he having them separate looks more enticing for the buyer. He gets a couple of bucks off each sub X 2. Having one app for $5 bucks might scare off a few people who might otherwise spend the same amount buying one at a time. I know it doesn’t make sense, but neither does the gen x crowd. lol

He already has over 500+ cleaner apps sold and I would imagine that mirrors the sale of this Killer app and maybe more! So you are looking at over 1Million apps sold at $2 buck a piece. That’s a cool $2 million bucks in his pocket! That ain’t no chump change!

Now, I figure he didn’t write the code and probably has some others in the mix that he will have to pay for their services, but none-the less, he should raking in well more than a COOL MILLION for himself! Off these 2 apps alone. He be sittin purdy sweet! :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Let’s see if he takes some of his profits and has his coder write in a whitelist feature?

Btw, the above figures are only for the Play Store. He also has these apps for sale in the App Store, too. So up the profit margin by a lot.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.