Using USB with TiviMate on an Insignia Fire TV set

I bought a Smart Insignia Fire TV (built in - no fire stick) and am using Ethernet for speed. Does anyone know if I can directly insert a formatted USB drive (obviously without the OTG cable) and use with TiviMate? Would the directions for formatting and using be the same as with a fire stick (I haven’t seen directions specifically for a Fire TV edition)?

If this won’t work without a fire stick and OTG cable, any other suggestions to avoid having to use a fire stick with this TV?

I’ve tried this on my Toshiba Fire TV and it didn’t work.

1 Like

I also have an Insignia Fire Tv and mostly love it except for the internal storage limits. I’ve had no luck getting any application stored to a properly formatted USB stick to work, including Tivimate. Tivimate worked fine installed internally, but it would not record to USB storage. I too am considering adding an Android box or Firestick with USB just to get the additional storage capacity for more apps and recording space, it’s frustrating!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.