US Court Orders Every ISP in the United States to Block Illegal Streaming Sites

US Court Orders Every ISP in the United States to Block Illegal Streaming Sites * TorrentFreak

1 Like

Aha, and then we switch our mac adress and ip and go on anyway. Isp dont have to follow this.

1 Like

A judge overstepping imho.

2 Likes

@TXRon

Absolutely, they are being paid by elites to overstep, its disgusting.

1 Like

I find this Default Judgement (defendant didnā€™t show in court, nor identified) interesting and a bit silly. ISPs are supposed to magically know who the pirates are without DUE PROCESS OF LAW. They have been after KODI and Pirate Bay for over a decade and canā€™t shut them down. This duo has won every court battle so far. Whatā€™s going to happen if an ISP decides on its own that Dracoo.com is an illegal entity and blocks that site. I suspect a lawsuit if Dracoo has not been afforded DUE PROCESS. Just my quick thoughts, but I can see a legal quagmire making ISPs the policing authority. IMHO!

4 Likes

And ppl were complaining about the minor inconvenience of Amazon tightening control of the Firestick. New attacks daily, and this has been going on for over 30 yrs.

Yeah, Miki, this has been going on for 30 years; but 30 years ago it was Dish, Direct & some C-Band services who were being nicked. I forgot what Direct did to secure their STB from those cards. Dish pretty much quashed theft when they switched from Nagra-2 to Nagra-3 encryption.

Nowdays, itā€™s going to be more complex to find ā€˜magic bulletsā€™ to curb the alledged priracy, but there is no shortage of money to hire smart people to find those bullets.

AFA ā€˜due processā€™, ISPā€™s are not bound by the same rules as government entities. In fact in nearly all the US they are not bound by the same rules as the utilities, even though they have natural monopolies in most places. So is dracooā€™s site is shut down, itā€™ll be up to him to prove that heā€™s legit, which a lot more difficult to prove that he innocentā€¦and probably expensive for him to do so.

2 Likes

Oh no. Even that long ago MPAA and other gov agencies were issuing torrent site owners, like myself, cease and desist notices, warnings etc. We talked about it ad nauseum in IRC. Major studios were releasing director cuts to us through back channels. It was a gold mine for them, as watching a top knotch movie with the latest special effects on a monitor wasnā€™t great, so once ppl watched what we shared they flocked to the big screens to really enjoy it. Thatā€™s much different today but their focus hasnā€™t really changed. However Iā€™ll sit by and watch what happens next.

2 Likes

For a non-Trekkie. If I connect with an VPN, how will my service provider know if I am connected to a ā€œillegal streamingā€ site?

Whatā€¦youā€™re not a Trekkie?..guess youā€™re a Star War-sieā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They wonā€™tā€¦nor will anyone elseā€¦thatā€™s the beauty of VPNsā€¦

2 Likes

Damn spellcheck! :grimacing::grin: Thanks for the reply.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.