Unable to fast forward with IPTV or VLC

I use IPTV to record sports (mainly hockey) that I’m unable to watch. I record 1 hour 15 minutes at a crack.
Most of the time I am unable to fast forward the recording. I’ve been unable to find anything that will solve the problem. Same with VLC. What am I missing?

Thanks

@puddintame

Are you using tivimate? Has great options for this. Also vlc just player and mx do have fast foward options.

1 Like

what kind of app are you using?

Guess I wasn’t very clear was I?
I use Tivimate to record to a 256 Gb flash drive on a UGreen USB 3.0 Ethernet adapter.
I set up to record for 1 hour 15 minutes. I start the next recording 2 minutes after the first finishes. I usually have 3 recordings to get the entire hockey game.

When I view the recordings with Tivimate or VLC, I very seldom have fast forward. I’d say that 1 out of 10 times I can fast forward. I haven’t tried MX as I didn’t know I could use it that way.

I’ve checked all of the set up entries, and I don’t see anything that would prevent the fast forwaring.

Hey @puddintame In Tivimate, If you haven’t already…go into Settings/Playback…look at Skip step for time bar & Skip step for RW/FF buttons…these are the 2 ways to RW/FF recordings & both of these can be set but may have accidentally been changed to zero. Also, I don’t record much on Tivimate, but have recorded 3-4 hr sporting events in one recording several times. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Both Skip steps were set to 10. Is there a recommended setting. I have no idea what they do, nor the rest of those settings.

What do you use to record?

Thanks

@puddintame

Tivimate.

The 1st one/Time Bar controls the actual timeline from beginning to end…& the RW/FF one controls the left & right arrows on either side of the pause/play button. I set my time bar to 1 minute & the arrows to 10 seconds. When you’re full screen in Tivimate & watching a recording…if you do a quick press of the selection button, that takes you to the player pause/play…rw/ff arrows (pause/play button will be highlighted)…while in that mode, if you push the round navigation ring @ the 12 o’clock position it’ll give you access to the time bar (time bar will be highlighted)…where you can then press navigation ring @ 3 o’clock for FF & 9 o’clock for RW. I use that one for long or quick RWs or FFs. Hope all that made sense…

1 Like

Hey puddin…

Anothr tip is to go into…
Settings…
Remote…
& turn On- “use left/right for seeking”…
That way when watchin a recordng or catch-up, it will default to the seek bar with 1 push of the left or right buttns

hth…

Never seen a player with so many “redundant” ways to get somewhere…I could use Tivi for another 10 yrs & still not know all of its moves…most of the time I just stumble upon em… :roll_eyes:

You almost need to copy out and print all the Remote settings in TiViMate. No way you could ever remember them all. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I’ll take a closer look… after we take our granddaughter to the
airport in a couple of days!

I’ve set up to record to the PC so I don’t have to use multiple recording sessions.

I also record IPTV from TiviMate 4.3.0 to my Win10 pc, using a Firestick 4k. Here are some suggestions that work for me.

1. Map your TiviMate directory to Kodi (e.g. 192.168.1.123/TiviMate) and use Kodi for playback. You can even add this to your Favorites. The Kodi UI allows FF/RW at 2x, 4x, etc. up to 32x. The time bar can seek 10 seconds. With a little practice, you can get good at skipping ahead, and end up where you want to go.

2. Create a Plex library, and point it to your TiviMate folder. My Plex Media Server really handles Fast Forward the best. The skips are 30 seconds (by default? :thinking:) and are crisp and quick.

I noticed when the recorded files are very large, both examples above can sometimes get “lost” when you are late in the game and trying to FF/RW to a specific play.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.