Ugoos UT8 Pro - Questions

I’ve seen several “specials” this weekend with prices for the shield pro down to $150 U.S. but they’re like a 1 day special and you need to set up alerts for it when the price drops to catch the special.

1 Like

not sure if you remember I had a shield and then an update caused an uproar and I sent mine back…looking back I should have kept it. I now have another and its light and day between the shield and any other box.

I have a friend coming down next spring and I’m hoping I can get a Shield Pro on some Christmas Special. I know I went and said it, yes CHRISTMAS.

2 Likes

Oh I agree 100%. My Shield Pro is a mainstay…until Nvidia comes out with it’s next mega box that is he he he. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Google Certified is the biggest clue that I know of…Google makes Android so a Google certified box “should” have the best version of Android TV. Now…the big boy boxes like the Ugoos may not be Android TV but their engineers, or wherever they get the Android OS’s from have done a good job of “tweaking” for TV use…the smaller box sellers…maybe not so much. All IMO… :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Here’s the kicker, we all get use to Andoid TV and what does Google do? They muddy the waters with the new Google TV. lol. so now to name a few FireTV, AndroidTV, Google TV and stick Android. Confused yet? I know the reading of all the differences gives me a headache. :face_with_head_bandage: :eyes:

1 Like

It s exactly the same as android mobile, dont compare it to a shield 2 different operating systems.

Android 11 on generic boxes is mobile android.

The origin of my original question about the UT8 stems from exactly what you said. I get confused I guess…i felt dumb, but apparently it may be more common than I thought.

I know they are two different ones, I wasnt comparing. My issue was without knowing insider information about these boxes out on the internet, how could you tell the difference before buying?

Oh please. Never think you’re dumb. Every one of us so called experts get lost and confused at times. Heck we haven’t even gotten into Windiws, linux, or iOS lol. Then there’s Samsung Tizzen. OMG it never ends. No wonder some of the top techies can demand so much money.

3 Likes

I think Troy should do a Troypoint top 5 list. Top 5 android TV boxes, Top 5 stock TV boxes and overall top 5. And I got $5 dollars that I know #1 in 2 of those catagorys :moneybag: :1st_place_medal: :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

By researching android go/mobile os. This is also a good place for that. But typically all boxes allow you to access real debrid and streaming apps all you need

2 Likes

Yes great suggestion TXRon, I would be interested in that for sure.

1 Like

yep, I saw a top 5 the other day and #1 was a roku box…quick exit forom that page :rofl:…dont get me wrong I have a roku tv but #1…lol, nope

Hell no! Yeah they work good for what they are but Please!

What is your choice Km6 deluxe or X4 ?

one is stock and one is android tv. I like both for what they are but two different animals. KM6 would be in my top 5 list as well as the ugoos x4.

I figured you couldn’t go wrong with either. Ugoos specs are very enticing, but I don’t think there for the beginner.

true, more for the power user who wants to push the limits. Mecool boxes are great tho and mecool should marry the km2 and km6 together and boom an awesome box. :alien:

Exactly ! that would be great and would definitely purchase. Thank you, your knowledge to this forum is greatly appreciated !!

1 Like